Vaughn Tells The Nation

Cricket is a fantastic game.  Absolutely love it. 

The levels of concentration, physical fitness and the constantly changing dynamic of a match is pure brilliance no matter what format it's in.  My preference is Test matches, can't say I'm keen on T20 but can see the merits of each format.

Anyone saying you stand around, it's an easy game have played absolutely roger all cricket in their life.

As for the going off for bad light, you should try have a rock hard brown ball bowled at you at speed and try to either hit or avoid the thing.  Properly difficult and properly dangerous.  I challenge any nay-sayer to add it to their bucket list of things to do before you die.

I look at the likes of Brian Close who played against some properly fast bowlers (having the ball fly within inches of his nose) WITHOUT wearing a helmet and think what a flipping hero. 

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

seen a lot of snipes about his birthplace, wtf does it matter?  whether he was born or just chose to be in the light he's an owl

takes and gives a lot of banter for it too - an excellent ambassador for the club imo  

I'm not sniping about where he was born and being a Wednesday fan. It would be ever so slightly hypocritical to do that.

The point was his tweet reads "both from Sheffield", which isn't true, but actually it's a shortened version of the Instagram caption "both from Sheffield Collegiate CC".

As for why it matters, it's because it's very important to me to highlight that Lancastrian Wednesday fans are the best sort.

6 hours ago, Holmes said:

Morning er ...Micheal?

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair If If I was Frankie Sir Michael of Vaughan, I'd also have said he's incredibly handsome with a huge willy.

lol

Biggsy you tease 

Used to be a lovely cricket ground Bramall Lane, and a home for Yorkshire.

Had a lovely old-fashioned cricket pavilion too.

Then they went and spoiled it off one good season in the top flight, in 1976, (Woodward and Currie years). Went and built that horrible South Sstand they could never fill, and that sent them into years of decline.

Pigonomics.

9 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

For 15 minutes.... none of the tea and lunch poo . They much must really need all them breaks from standing round doing  nothing :ph34r:

You seem to know an awfull lot about the game for one that claims its not a sport......are you bumble in disguise?

Guest Fletchers head guard
11 minutes ago, curren said:

You seem to know an awfull lot about the game for one that claims its not a sport......are you bumble in disguise?

Who? The only bumble I know is a bumble bee :duntmatter:

15 hours ago, Fletchers head guard said:

For 15 minutes.... none of the tea and lunch poo . They much must really need all them breaks from standing round doing  nothing :ph34r:

So you think they should play for 7 hours or so and not be allowed food??????

cricket is a beautiful, intelligent and thrilling game. I pity anyone that doesn't have the intelligence to appreciate cricket

On 14/02/2017 at 09:02, Thewaynesday said:

Do you not know the history of the club you say you support ??

In fairness just because swfc developed from a cricket club doesn't mean you have to like cricket. I mean sufc developed because of swfc so they too are part of our history, but I f in hate them.