Wigan vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Must win tonight, we really need to start picking up some momentum with none of the sides in the play offs showing any signs of slowing down as well as Barnsley, Norwich etc now right behind us , although Barnsley don't worry me too much now 

48 minutes ago, JC3 said:

Must win tonight, we really need to start picking up some momentum with none of the sides in the play offs showing any signs of slowing down as well as Barnsley, Norwich etc now right behind us , although Barnsley don't worry me too much now 

I think it will be us Derby or Fulham for 6th place

13 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Read an interesting passage in 'The Road to Wigan Pier' George Orwell aka Eric Blair was lodging in a Wigan boarding house. He and other workmen were gathered around the 6-30a.m breakfast table when the Landlady marched through carrying out urine slops in a large chamber pot. It was full to the brim and the lady of the house had her thumb hooked over the top of the chamber pot to minimise spillages. Through the swing door she strode into the kitchen, seconds later she was back with a plate full of bread and dripping, the same thumb nailing the dripping bread to the plate. The men tucked in but George Orwell being of a different class just couldn't handle it. It takes much more than mucking in with the Spanish Civil War and going down the pits or into the factories to be a fully fledged member of the working class.

As a southerner touted to be so posh that he can't remember the name of all the ponies he had as a child, I have to say you're not exactly selling it.

Just now, debram said:

Dont think any of them need Rhodes, they are scoring freely enough as they are.

Fair point.

My opinion is that there's too many points to play for before predictions can be made.

You say we'll be fighting for sixth., would you put your money on that... right now?

Or just being a bit pessimistic?

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Dont think any of them need Rhodes, they are scoring freely enough as they are.

Can't agree at all with that. If leeds lose Wood they are screwed. Same with Wells at Huddersfield to a certain extent.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Fair point.

My opinion is that there's too many points to play for before predictions can be made.

You say we'll be fighting for sixth., would you put your money on that... right now?

Or just being a bit pessimistic?

Maybe a wee bit pessimistic, anything can happen, think its just the fact that we seem to be stuttering through with no real form, ime hoping Rhodes Abdi and Macca can change that

2 minutes ago, George said:

As a southerner touted to be so posh that he can't remember the name of all the ponies he had as a child, I have to say you're not exactly selling it.

Blair had a lifetime penchant for misery.

My ponies are called demon and dancer.

I hate southern softies.

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

Can't agree at all with that. If leeds lose Wood they are screwed. Same with Wells at Huddersfield to a certain extent.

Ok but at least they are there and scoring, something we have sorely missed, now we have Rhodes so just hope he does the job

4 hours ago, waddleisgod said:

Can Hutch play tonight?

NO DEFINITELY NOT. He was suspended for TWO games, as a result of this being his SECOND red card .

For heaven's sake, chaps, look up the Rules and Regulations. It might save time arguing about things like this as well as whether a player is OFFSIDE or not

I can see it now... Nuhiu coming off the bench to the sound of the world's largest groan from the away end, then scores the winner in injury time :manager:

Also Sam Hutchinson sprinting out of the tunnel in spite of his suspension, nutting Will Grigg, shouting "Who's on fire now?" then disappearing again, as the away end goes wild.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

35 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

NO DEFINITELY NOT. He was suspended for TWO games, as a result of this being his SECOND red card .

For heaven's sake, chaps, look up the Rules and Regulations. It might save time arguing about things like this as well as whether a player is OFFSIDE or not

So can he not play tonight?