Wigan vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Copthorneowl

Thanks Pauli as ever enjoyed the read and the effort you put in, you deserve an award - hope that doesn't lead to trouble!

Hoping for a win can't begin to think what will be said if we don't get one.

Excellent OMDT, pauli - that's becoming a tad redundant, they almost always are.

It's time for Carlos to unshackle this team and let them express themselves. Defence be damned. I don't see us finding a way out of this league if we don't start playing to our strengths, and boy have we got strengths!

Anything less than an attacking display and 3 points tonight may see me joining the growing list of supporters who are losing patience with our philosophical Portuguese front man. Let em off their leashes, Carlos!

2-0 to the owls, with chance after chance rattling the woodwork, the keeper's palms and the teeth of anyone unfortunate enough to be sat behind the sticks.

UTO!

As ever, Pauli.........though George Formby as a 'dumbstruck Lancashire gargoyle' is a touch of genius!

Frightened that if we don't win we really are going to slip off the pace.  Someone always does at this time of the year, please not Wednesday.  Despite the fears, going to say:

WAFC 0 - SWFC £ (sorry Freudian slip - caps lock was on)

Come on you black and fluorescent orange wizards!

Quality omdt nonsense yet again. Eddie Waring, legend of the fil rouge no less. Or one of them up n under type clearances. Coupled with Formby. A barm cake of the highest order.

Well, we're playing a team who don't even know each others names, so if we can't beat them, it's time to pack in & feck off back to drawing board.

See who fits in best. Bogle or Rhodes. I'm sure there's a religious link with a Jordan, an East Bank & a messiah. We'll know tomorrow.

UTO!  4-0 to us after an early goal & they lose shape.

Well, at this point last week I was firmly of the belief that we would be collecting all six points from this weeks travels.
However after witnessing the below par performance at Bristol City I am now worrying that we might collect just one point from these games and find ourselves slipping further away from the top six.
At Bristol City,  a team who's confidence must have been at rock-bottom, rather than attack and go for the kill we continued with the sideways & backwards movement's which allows teams to re-organise and get back in position to defend our next forward movement. 
In the period's where we did commit to attack at both Bristol & Brighton you can see that we get team's rattled and resorting to kicking the ball anywhere, unfortunately during these brief periods we have been unable to convert this pressure into goals - here's hoping that JR can help solve that problem. 

With Wigan bringing in eight players on deadline day (Omar Bogle, Gabriel Obertan, Alex Bruce, James Weir, Matt Gilks, Mikael Mandron, Josh Laurent & Jack Byrne) a fair mix of experience and raw talent, tonight's game at Wigan will not be as easy as I was previously hoping and unless Carlos commits to changing something tactically tonight then we may find ourselves struggling yet again.

I must confess that I probably fall into the "happy clapper" category but still find myself hoping that we can scrape another draw tonight.

Wigan 2 Wednesday 2

Come on Carlos - surprise me and lets go out and get a convincing win!

WAWAW 

Guest Wonder Spaniel

Brilliant read Pauli. I learn so much on a matchday. It enriches my life!

Predict 2-0 to Wednesday. Carlos has a secret weapon to overcome the Wigan Pie Munchers..........'Pasteis de Nata'! Let the pastry battle commence!

IMG_0631.JPG

Edited by Wonder Spaniel

7 minutes ago, Wonder Spaniel said:

Brilliant read Pauli. I learn so much on a matchday. It enriches my life!

Predict 2-0 to Wednesday. Carlos has a secret weapon to overcome the Wigan Pie Munchers..........'Pasteis de Nata'! Let the pastry battle commence!

IMG_0631.JPG

Love to munch on a Portuguese tart. 

...ahhhhh...

Come on Wednesday!

It's time to take off the shackles and time to show everyone what we're capable of like the Wednesday of last season. Don't be afraid to lose, take the game to the opposites, be ruthless and show no mercy. I'd love for us to go at them from the off playing 4-3-3 but I'd also be happy if Rhodes starts upfront alongside Winnall with Forestieri wide left.

Hopefully today, will be the day, we will properly get our season going by upping the tempo, pressing and attacking the opposites into submission. Like we did so well at times last season.

Inspirational OMDT once mare Pauli.

A more true reflection on Wigan has never before been told (I work in the place so I should know).

Having a wander up to the ground with a mate after work so hoping for a performance as inspirational as the OP.

My fear of not beating these pie munchers is currently being over-ridden by the true faith in our phenomenal squad to absolutely smash em all over the bloody park!!!! 

Come on Wednesday - unleash hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!