Having only seen him play once?

he has pace and likes to beat the offside trap by chasing through balls. Offers something we don't currently have when pinned/playing in our own half. One of those players who doesn't get noticed for much of the game. Lots of determination when it comes to scrambling the ball into the net, though not so selfish that he can't see a better option.

Hes not a player who stands out too much apart from his goals but his all round game is ok. His work rate looked better too me at middlesborough the few times I saw him im sure he'll do a job similar to hooper. Technically hes ok nothing special can hold the ball up and pick a pass, decent in the air but mainly in an attacking sense not exactly a target man, willing to run in behind and makes intelligent runs but not lightening quick.

Basically the things he lacks mentioned above are the reason hes not wanted in the prem (although given the chance I think he could thrive at one of the top clubs who create plenty of chances in the way a solskjaer did) but the thing he has is goalscoring ability hes the kind of player who finds the time and space in the box to take a touch compose himself and get his finish away rarely 'snatches' at chances.

My boro mates rate him. My town mates don't but they're such a f*****g deluded club it's untrue.

Apparently he'll make runs all day long and knows where the back of the net is which is what we need but offers nothing else.

He's a goalscorer but not a footballer if that makes sense?

He needs the ball in the box, give it to him in the air or at his feet. Slightly worrying for us considering we rarely play this way. Maybe it's just the current strikers we have. He can score all types of goals but what is a regular feature is that he finishes them very well. In the corners with just enough force so the keeper can't get them. He really knows where the net is if you give him the supply. He's one of those players that really keeps their cool and is calm at all times. Clearly has a strong personal belief in his game, probably not a confidence player like most. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Not sure why anyone would neg OP for asking a genuine question, from an honest standpoint?

Considering the spafffest over him, I'm sure that plenty will be able to help you with the indepth analysis which justified their excitement!!?

I would describe him as an all round centre forward. Good in the air, quick enough over a short distance to make the most of chances and extremely clinical in front of goal. I get the Lineker comparisons, but I would argue that Rhodes scores a much wider array of goals

In comparison to Hooper I'd say his work rate is excellent; much more prepared to work hard closing down and keeping the shape of the team.

His link up play isn't up to the standard of GH however, I won't be expecting him to drop short constantly, much more likely to look for the ball in behind

His goalscoring record is very similar to Hooper's although from what I've seen I'd say he needs many fewer chances for his return (though I don't have the stats to back this up)

He's not Zico or Messi but if we play to his strengths and create opportunities for him, his record pretty much confirms he will score a hat load at this level.

He'd find space in a matchbox this kid, The amount of movement you see from him between the back four is unreal,

Never still, Always lookin to get the ball and determined,

Desire and endeavour from him is head and shoulders above what we have at the min, You'll see that within minutes of him playing,

And his main attribute is give a chance and he'll score, One chance...Once chance not 50 games as with some,