£10 million! Who else could we have got for that?

10 minutes ago, Slick. said:

With the right scouting setup, the club could have brought in an upgrade at CB, an upgrade at RB, a reserve GK and a young, pacey striker and easily could have change spare out of £10 million too.

Time will tell if the club made the right call...

But how much would 'the right scouting set-up' cost in the first place? A lot more than the spare change. Plus the number of years to find & develop those 4 players.

Thankfully, DC is impatient.

19 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

But how much would 'the right scouting set-up' cost in the first place? A lot more than the spare change. Plus the number of years to find & develop those 4 players.

Thankfully, DC is impatient.

Actually, that sounds a great idea to spend £10 million on setting up a decent scout setup. 

2 hours ago, M Royds said:

It's shît load of money CC will pay for a player who a good championship player. 

However, it begs the question, who else could we got for such an astonishing amount of money. 

Good point.

In my personal opinion we should be spending that money on strengthening the squad, instead of lumping it all on one player.

Would rather have had, a young talented CB to partner Lees, a goal scoring CM (Lansbury/Hourinhane) and a proven Championship winger (Sako/Ince).

Obviously i'm happy we've signed Rhodes, i just think we could have spent that money wiser. 

8 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Good point.

In my personal opinion we should be spending that money on strengthening the squad, instead of lumping it all on one player.

Would rather have had, a young talented CB to partner Lees, a goal scoring CM (Lansbury/Hourinhane) and a proven Championship winger (Sako/Ince).

Obviously i'm happy we've signed Rhodes, i just think we could have spent that money wiser. 

We signed 9 players in the summer, I'm not sure how much more 'strengthening' you can do before you're just collecting players who aren't quite good enough

Just now, Minton said:

We signed 9 players in the summer, I'm not sure how much more 'strengthening' you can do before you're just collecting players who aren't quite good enough

Okay, who did we sign in the summer who has come in and performed to a high standard? Nobody.

We've signed mediocre players for an inflated price, they might prove themselves later down the line but we need players that can come in and perform straight away. Compared to the impact singings have made to other teams, Fletcher, Reach, Abdi and Buckley have had almost no impact on our performances this season, we're just about equal to how we were this time last season, only we've spent considerably more money. 

Again in my opinion, a strike force of FF/Hooper/Fletcher/Winnall is good enough to get us promoted, we're just lacking the right formation/players behind them so therefore limiting their effectiveness.

1 minute ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Okay, who did we sign in the summer who has come in and performed to a high standard? Nobody.

We've signed mediocre players for an inflated price, they might prove themselves later down the line but we need players that can come in and perform straight away. Compared to the impact singings have made to other teams, Fletcher, Reach, Abdi and Buckley have had almost no impact on our performances this season, we're just about equal to how we were this time last season, only we've spent considerably more money. 

Again in my opinion, a strike force of FF/Hooper/Fletcher/Winnall is good enough to get us promoted, we're just lacking the right formation/players behind them so therefore limiting their effectiveness.

Those 9 players cost us just under £10m. You get what you pay for...

38 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's a lot of money but we know what we're getting.

Can you imagine paying £10m for Jake Livermore, or £13m for Robbie Brady? Or £7m for that Wigan winger who I'd genuinely never heard of before yesterday. 

To be fair Brady is very good. 

if it was £10million, its the best £10million we have ever spent, a striker that scores for fun costs money, any club going for promotion needs a 20+ a season striker, we now actually have one, i couldn't give a roger who else we could sign for that price, suppose we could have signed another centre back and won promotion with 0.0 draws.