Brighton 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday. Official Matchday Thread.

We are so much more effective when Bannan moves forward with the ball and plays it off before moving into space around the 3/4 level to pick up the return. There have been a few examples of this in the games, including our goal. 

Seems Brighton may be susceptible to that, especially if we push forward a little more in the second half.

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

We've not been outplayed have we ? Everything from them is from Knockaert.

When we have put it on the floor and passed with purpose (forward) we have got in some great positions.

Same again for me, with the emphasis on closing Knockaert down, and we wil be ok.

We have you are right and a bit more positive passing and unforced errors we will be better.

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Watch it back kid.

Pocognoli doesn`t even look at Hunt he`s watching the flight of the ball and puts his foot to the height of the ball.

Knockaert with his back to goal, Pudil straight through the back of him (it`s called I`m just letting you know I`m getting tight to you) in football terms,

Come on kid don`t let me make you look stupid again :stuwinky: 

With the benefit of replays you can see him look at hunt just before ball contact...

1 minute ago, Robdylan said:

We're doing well, but there's zero width, and we're very predictable.

It's time to take Pudil and Wallace off for me, to be replaced with Hooper and McManaman. 

Reach at LB.

FF LW.

McManaman RW

Winnal and Hooper as front 2.

Let's drive forward for the win. 

Reach is not a natural RB i dont want to see knockaert rip him apart aswell, but hooper and mcmanaman on is a good shout

Edited by stocksyuto

Not half as bad as some seem to be making out. Why is it when we concede a goal some people go into negative overdrive?

Reach has done well but some seem to be criticising him again. Had some nice passages of play but not been at our best but some people seem to be forgetting we are playing one of if not the best teams in the league who have lost one game in 19 and have the best defence in the league. 

Always going to be a tough game but we are still in it.

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Watch it back kid.

Pocognoli doesn`t even look at Hunt he`s watching the flight of the ball and puts his foot to the height of the ball.

Knockaert with his back to goal, Pudil straight through the back of him (it`s called I`m just letting you know I`m getting tight to you) in football terms,

Come on kid don`t let me make you look stupid again :stuwinky: 

lol yeah right you do that yourself kidda, but seriously anyone saying it wasn't yellow doesn't understand the rules he was far too high and not in control which is why he followed through. Yellow no more no less. 

4 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

My memory isn't great but did he even play for England whilst with us? Thought he got injured putting on his socks early doors after signing then he was sat on the treatment table having leg rubs for the next few years whilst robbing us of about £40k per week. 

Just the once, I think - and got injured, of course: "  Hinchcliffe, Andrew, inj, off 34th min. "

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/Seas1990-00/1998-99/M0752Bul1998.html

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

It wasn't even a yellow IMO.

Pretty sure any refs out there will disagree with you all, that's the rules I don't agree with some of them as our game as turned far too soft but thems  the rules

Edited by kidc77