Conor Hourihane

4 minutes ago, alexiveson said:

Apparantly we want to announce Conor and Winnall together. (Like Abdi and Pudil). Supposedly CH wants £30k a week. 

I'm only passing this on and not in know but likewise I'm a grown man who doesn't need to make rumours up.  Could be a fun Friday.

Hopefully he's right about the lot, other than the 30k bit.

But I suspect that he will know he can get a huge wage in the summer and will be in the driving seat. 

OK, y'all know me on here, I might be opinionated but I don't BS

Just been told by someone who's fortunate enough to be privy (get me!) behind the scenes that Winnall announcement was delayed for two reasons, firstly for Norman Rimmington and secondly because there's a "50/50 chance" we'll get Hourihane over the line by tomorrow's deadline for signings to make the Saturday squad. Apparently fee has been agreed and there's being "progress" made speaking with Hourihane's representatives. Dunno owt more than that and I could be being had on a little, but make of this all what you will. 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The football heaven guys were playing it down quite a bit. But Carlos had a cheeky

glint in his eye on the Biggs TV show. Then again he usually does :manager:

Yeah... but when don't the FH guys play things down? They probably just wanted to avoid the horde of angry Dingles ringing up getting any bigger lol

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Just been told by someone who's fortunate enough to be privy (get me!) behind the scenes that Winnall announcement was delayed for two reasons, firstly for Norman Rimmington and secondly because there's a "50/50 chance" we'll get Hourihane over the line by tomorrow's deadline for signings to make the Saturday squad. Apparently fee has been agreed and there's being "progress" made speaking with Hourihane's representatives. Dunno owt more than that and I could be being had on a little, but make of this all what you will. 

Still gutted we didn't get Gudmundson, me and you always said he'd be a good addition lol

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hopefully he's right about the lot, other than the 30k bit.

But I suspect that he will know he can get a huge wage in the summer and will be in the driving seat. 

Tbf, if all we're paying for him as £1 million I'll be quite happy to splash out on wages. He'd have earned even more with the Geordies or at Villa anyway.

8 minutes ago, alexiveson said:

Apparantly we want to announce Conor and Winnall together. (Like Abdi and Pudil). Supposedly CH wants £30k a week. 

I'm only passing this on and not in know but likewise I'm a grown man who doesn't need to make rumours up.  Could be a fun Friday.

Your 3rd post in 14 years. What keeps you away so often? 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well someone posted on here not long ago he wants 30k so that could be the hold up ? The poster only had 2 posts so probably bullsh*t

Seems the club's philosophy is that if a quality player becomes available that would fit into our system, and we have a chance of signing them, then we should just go for them whether we were looking to recruit in that position or not.

I like that way of doing business.

Might help our dealings this window though if we could offload someone for a few million.