Conor Hourihane

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Having just watched that Biggs interview with Carlos ...and seeing his cheeky face when Hourihane is mentioned I'll stand hanging if he's not next through the door.

And wouldn't rule out more coming in either!

A rare ***** in the armour of the usually imperceptible Carlos :manager:

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I believe the clues would suggest "OWLS BID FOR REDS PLAYER CONOR" may be in reference to us trying to sign Conor Hourihane.

I did get that part of it. Just wondered whether that was a legitimate picture or not! 

2 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

Makes sense. Otherwise why haven't they made Winnall official yet. We have all seen the pics of him signing the contract.

Maybe the forms that Winnall was pictured signing have to go back to Barnsley for countersigning. Just a case of waiting for Barnsley to re-open tomorrow.

Guest domSWFC
Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I did get that part of it. Just wondered whether that was a legitimate picture or not! 

It's straight from The Stars twitter. 

10 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Where've you come from?  anybody know who this geezer is?

I've only been here two ruddy years talking my crap, how've you missed me? :biggrin:

Only difference is, I've never had owt to say even remotely "ITK" before!

15 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Well someone posted on here not long ago he wants 30k so that could be the hold up ? The poster only had 2 posts so probably bullsh*t

I wouldn't want to speculate, I've just said everything I know and I've got no intention about asking about figures or details or anything extra, feel lucky enough to be told what I have been!

Guess the only thing I can realistically add to the table is "Yes, our interest is genuine and yes, we're actively sorting things out". Without wanting to sound too much like that chuffing TransfersXI twitter account, plenty of reasons why a deal may not materialise and I don't want anyone misconstruing what I've said as "We're definitely signing him", but I'm now extremely confident that if a deal can be made we're going to do it. Happy days eh? 

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Having just watched that Biggs interview with Carlos ...and seeing his cheeky face when Hourihane is mentioned I'll stand hanging if he's not next through the door.

And wouldn't rule out more coming in either!

I think any more than Hourihane could add a few too many mid season personally. I'm not sure we could keep everyone happy either.

Id like to think we'd shift a few though 

Guest domSWFC

Geniunely, could we all pitch in a tenner and get a plane to fly a message over Barnsyey if he signs, simply saying:

"Many taa's, from the Dee Daars"

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think any more than Hourihane could add a few too many mid season personally. I'm not sure we could keep everyone happy either.

Id like to think we'd shift a few though 

I think a few will be shifted out - but honestly I'd be surprised if we signed more than one player after this - a right back please.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Reading that thread somebody references rumours of Heckingbottom going to Norwich. If that happened I think Barnsley would be the site of the world's largest mass suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by occook View Post
If Winnall has turned around as suggested and said he wants to go to Wednesday, and he is the annoying angry little man that has been suggested before, disrupting harmony. And Wednesday have paid us £2m plus a big sell on, then I get that.

Selling Conor will be very very different and can't see the club being that daft - unless again he has forced a move. But don't see him being the type.

interesting re Winnall from that site