Conor Hourihane

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Settled in the area, wont have to move house . Plenty of things in our favour 

About to post same. If the reports are true about Winnall getting a 400% pay rise wages shouldn't be a problem. So it's down to does he want to go through the hassle of buying a new house moving the kids if he has any with the hassle of moving schools etc.

Newcastle need a replacement for Shelvey but given the market they are in and the expectation regarding the type of player there they are looking at Loftus Cheek and Fabien Delph. 

I wish there was a bit more to this one. I don't think he's like Kieran Lee, but he is a dominant midfield player. 

30 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

Winnall is a one in five striker, so to get the best out of him you need to be creating plenty of chances, Hourihane as proved he can do it game in game out, for what he'll cost you it's a no brainier. 

Hooper can be similar for us. Often feels like he is a passenger on the pitch if he isn't doing the business in front of goal. But over the course of a season the goals rack up. Our problem was that if he wasn't doing it we don't have anyone else to replace him that is a natural finisher, so I suppose Winnall gives us that.

If you have a bid accepted for Hourihane, wages won't be an issue.  

Last month we were in talks with him to extend and he wanted 10k a week, but we can't afford it unfortunately.

Personally though i think we will hold out and let him run his contract out given the position we are in currently, a great chance of the play offs which is a chance we might never get again, in my lifetime anyway.

10 minutes ago, Not_Hemsworth-Tyke said:

If you have a bid accepted for Hourihane, wages won't be an issue.  

Last month we were in talks with him to extend and he wanted 10k a week, but we can't afford it unfortunately.

Personally though i think we will hold out and let him run his contract out given the position we are in currently, a great chance of the play offs which is a chance we might never get again, in my lifetime anyway.

What's your view on the lad?

I have read that he didn't really pull up any trees last season and only really came good when the playoffs came round - fair assessment?

Guest Dingle.
3 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

What's your view on the lad?

I have read that he didn't really pull up any trees last season and only really came good when the playoffs came round - fair assessment?

You've read a load of rounduns. 

Guest Dingle.
2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Aren't you gutted tho 

Couldn't give a monkeys to be honest, much rather players be brilliant for us, then move on for the big pay day, than be sat watching shyte going through the motions stealing a wage, really enjoyed watching Winnall, Watkins, Hourihane, & Scowen . They've been a pleasure to watch, they've been that good for us teams are willing to quadruple their wages they deserve it pal, hope we can find another four like um. 

2 minutes ago, Dingle. said:

Couldn't give a monkeys to be honest, much rather players be brilliant for us, then move on for the big pay day, than be sat watching shyte going through the motions stealing a wage, really enjoyed watching Winnall, Watkins, Hourihane, & Scowen . They've been a pleasure to watch, they've been that good for us teams are willing to quadruple their wages they deserve it pal, hope we can find another four like um. 

I'm glad you feel like that. I most definitely didn't when we sold Brunt, Whelan, Grant, Bougherra etc.