What have Brighton got that we don't?

1 minute ago, Stainless1983 said:

Funnily enough I thought that when I was typing. But then I also thought that about McGeady last year.

Only 25 McManaman, very talented player from what i've seen.

Thought he may have an attitude problem seen as he was frozen out at West Brom, but reading their forums seems as if he was unlucky and not the player Pulis wanted.

If it clicks with him think we've made a special signing.

1. An owner who, according to a Brighton fan on here has put over £240 MILLION into the club.

2. Located in a very affluent area.

3. No close competition.

4.  Glenn Murray, who consistently scores goals.

5. I think on Channel 5 they said they'd lost 9 games in the last 71 which is phenomenal. Consistency, that's what you need.

6. Owner has stuck with Hughton, some clubs would have sacked him after we beat them in last years semifinal.

On an individual player basis, there isn't a great deal of difference, so much so that we cancelled each other out during our league games last year. They have made good additions this year and have managed to keep a stable side for most of the campaign to date. The key differences for me, is that they attack with real purpose and pace, they have a common belief and press as a team. We do some of the the above, some of the time, but unfortunately not with the same level of consistency.

Iv not read through all this but Brighton are far superior to us in every area of the pitch, apart from the keeper. 

Dunk n Knockaert are the two best players in the league and completely dominate games. Murray is probably the best striker in the league too. 

Throw in Duffy, Bong n Bruno and that defence is absolutely exceptional at this level. 

Boldock, Stephens, Kayal , Hemed, Skalak, Norwood are all very capable players too and all could arguably fit into our team. 

They are are a huge threat from set pieces with Dunk n Duffy plus the quality crossing from Knockaert, which is something we hugely lack. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Only 25 McManaman, very talented player from what i've seen.

Thought he may have an attitude problem seen as he was frozen out at West Brom, but reading their forums seems as if he was unlucky and not the player Pulis wanted.

If it clicks with him think we've made a special signing.

In all seriousness He was warned about staying on his feet as he went down only a couple of times rather than crossing. He then lost his place to James McClean. This move will do the world of good

brighton have just about everything we aint how many of our players would get into there side? hutch westwood prob about it. brighton signed another centre half in summer which we should have signed ,glen murray etc .they have goals all over there team and defend really well and are very entertaining . look at stats this season and if u have been to games u will know at home we have been boring had a lot of luck ,very little goal mouth action and we need to be scoring at least another 15 goals by this stage of season ,complete opposite of last season very entertaining with loads of goals ,this season we are more solid away from home .

A quality pre-season of additions to add to an already strong squad, plus a top manager with real Championship experience. 

We have a few decent players, but some players who should be playing for bottom 6 canon fodder, and a manager I don't think is astute enough to get us promoted. 

My combined 11 would be:

Westwood

Bong

Dunk

Duffy

Bruno

FF

Stephens

Hutch

Knockhaert

Murray

Baldock

45 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

A quality pre-season of additions to add to an already strong squad, plus a top manager with real Championship experience. 

We have a few decent players, but some players who should be playing for bottom 6 canon fodder, and a manager I don't think is astute enough to get us promoted. 

My combined 11 would be:

Westwood

Bong

Dunk

Duffy

Bruno

FF

Stephens

Hutch

Knockhaert

Murray

Baldock

Hooper over Baldock every day of the week. 

Likes of Lees, Lee and Bannan wouldn't be too far of that starting XI either.