What have Brighton got that we don't?

On 04/01/2017 at 12:02, theowlsman said:

Knockheart or however it's spelled.

That's what I would have said. There's no drive from central midfield to put the strikers in, which is the type of strikers they are, that's their game. We have Hutch who can win the ball, but Bannan is playing too deep for me

Did anyone think Stephen Snooker Fletcher would fire in the goals that would enable us to catch up the 15 points we were behind the Seagulls last year when Brighton had signed Murray up front and Duffy at the back?

It's not as if Abdi, Jones and Reach scored many goals at their previous clubs. They will be 25 points ahead of us this time round and good luck to them. Like Boro Burnley and Hull the model for this league is clear. Resilience at the back, strength in the middle and good finishing up front. We are good at the back, acquiring some strength in the middle but have been woeful up front this season - either trying to score perfect goals or missing sitters. Sort it Carlos. No wonder on OT that despite it being fantasy, "all threads lead to Rhodes." 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

17 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Did anyone think Stephen Snooker Fletcher would fire in the goals that would enable us to catch up the 15 points we were behind the Seagulls last year when Brighton had signed Murray up front and Duffy at the back?

It's not as if Abdi, Jones and Reach scored many goals at their previous clubs. They will be 25 points ahead of us this time round and good luck to them. Like Boro Burnley and Hull the model for this league is clear. Resilience at the back, strength in the middle and good finishing up front. We are good at the back, acquiring some strength in the middle but have been woeful up front this season - either trying to score perfect goals or missing sitters. Sort it Carlos. No wonder on OT that despite it being fantasy, "all threads lead to Rhodes." 

Yes to the first paragraph. And with the right, settled team round him I think he'll score plenty, along with Hooper.

25 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

I'll be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Fletcher signing, I'm not saying he's a crap player or any of that nonsense but he's played most of his career around the bottom end of the premier league and has never been a prolific goal scorer, apart from maybe one season. So no I didn't expect him to score the goals to make up a 15 point gap. 

If he gets 15 goals then imo we have had a good return from him. 

Like I said before, I'm not saying he's a poor player but he's a player that I can't really decide if I like him or not but to be fair he's had his injuries and the team around him hasn't been settled. 

What have Preston got too? A 6ft7" forward who can head the ball in the right direction and pass to a team mate, makes adthe look like a clown and he's only a fringe player for them, they looked sharp and aggressive tonight, does make me worry about us

3 minutes ago, debram said:

What have Preston got too? A 6ft7" forward who can head the ball in the right direction and pass to a team mate, makes adthe look like a clown and he's only a fringe player for them, they looked sharp and aggressive tonight, does make me worry about us

That makes you worry about us? 

Why are so many of our fans being so mellow dramatic at the moment?!?!

Beyond belief. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That makes you worry about us? 

Why are so many of our fans being so mellow dramatic at the moment?!?!

Beyond belief. 

Just seeing most of our rivals being aggressive, creating and scoring goals, just want some of the same from us.