Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

7 minutes ago, OurDan said:

I have been told that both Boro & Us have agreed a fee for Rhodes, Rhodes has agreed terms with us and wants to join, but his Agent/Management want him to hold out for Villa or Derby for more money

He needs to show some respect and do as his dad tells him!:manager:

Odds drifting on move to Derby

Jordan Rhodes - Club After January Transfer Window Betting Odds

Match select...Steven GerrardFrank LampardPierre Emerick AubameyangFIFAMatch Day Price BoostsAFC WimbledonAjaxAntoine GriezmannArsenalAshley YoungBarcelonaBarnetBayern MunichBen WoodburnBirminghamBlackburnBournemouthBradfordBrentfordBristol CityBristol RoversBurnleyBurton AlbionBuryCardiffCarlisleCesc FabregasChelseaChesterfieldCoventryCristiano RonaldoCrystal PalaceDaniel SturridgeDerbyDimitri PayetDoncasterEden HazardEngland U21English FootballEvertonExeterFleetwood TownFulhamGareth BaleGillinghamHarry KaneHartlepoolHuddersfieldIpswichIscoJames McCarthyJohn TerryJordan RhodesJuan MataJuventusKarim BenzemaLeedsLeicesterLeyton OrientLionel MessiLiverpoolLuis SuarezLutonMan CityMan UtdMansfield TownMemphis DepayMesut OzilMichael KeaneMiddlesbroughMillwallMorgan SchneiderlinNapoliNeymarNorthamptonNorwichNottingham ForestOldhamPSGPeterboroughPhilippe CoutinhoPlymouthPort ValePortsmouthPrestonQPRReadingReal MadridRobbie KeaneRobert SnodgrassRochdaleRomelu LukakuRoss BarkleyRotherhamSaido BerahinoScotlandScunthorpeSheff WedShrewsburySouthamptonSouthendStevenageStokeSunderlandSwanseaSwindonTottenhamVirgil van DijkWalsallWatfordWayne RooneyWest BromWest HamWiganWolvesWycombe WanderersYaya ToureYeovil

Sign Up FREE BETS £200   £20 £20 £60 £100 £30 £30 £20 £30 £50 £20 £200 £30 £100 £50 £50 £30 £50 £100 £320 £20 £30 £x3     £20 £25 £50
Special Offers  

Sort By:FavouriteName

Derby   5/6                                                      
Aston Villa   5/2                                                      
Sheffield Wednesday   5                                                      
Middlesbrough   8                                                      
Leeds   18                                                      
Burnley   20                                                      
Norwich   20                                                      
Brighton   25                                                      
Hull   25                                                      
Blackburn   28                                                      
Reading   28                                        

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Owlinmad says his son is a football agent, best mates with Rhodes, and he's coming here on loan.

Derby, earlier linked to Rhodes, have ruled themselves out of the running to buy him, according to Pat Murphy of the BBC.

Same Pat Murphy also saying Villa have also ruled themselves out of the running to buy him @ the asking price of £11million.

So, if he is going anywhere in Jan, it'll be to another club, not Derby or Villa, on a permanent deal, for the asking price of £11million, or to Villa if they can negotiate the fee down from £11million, or to any other club who can negotiate the fee down from the asking price of £11million, or he'll simply go on loan somewhere.

Make your own conclusions. Personally, as he has been at our games recently, and Boro seem adamant they will only let him go permanently for £11million, which nobody seems to want to pay, I think we have a good chance of getting him on loan as hinted at by Owlinmad.

Will be nipping to Home Bargains for Kleenex just in case.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not sure his son will be particularly thrilled with Dad spilling the beans on his top client. 

2 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

My son is friends with Jordan.

My son is a football agent, not representing Jordan.

I think Jordan Rhodes will come to us. My son has never commented on the situation and never would.

I knew we were in for Hooper the first time and it was a done deal until "someone" at the other end pulled the plug.

If I've ever mentioned we have looked at a player or shown interest then it is 100% true.

One of my best friends is a freelance scout and does a lot of work for Arsenal.

1 hour ago, BANJO59 said:

Had info about this awhile ago £3 for the loan and first refusal to buy

1 hour ago, Mollymae's Dad said:

What a load of tripe

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

No they don't. My mate is a major player in this business in both the Prem and champ they pay by instalments. Just like we did for Pudil and Abdi.

What does happen however is that the selling club does often want the full amount of money up front for their player investments and that's where people like my pal come in they organise the full transfer monies up front to the selling club with security against the instalments from the buyers.

1 hour ago, DevOwls Advocate said:

Rhodes will definitely not be signing on loan for Wednesday this transfer window. Wages are too high for us.

Happy New Year :duntmatter:

44 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Bizzle said all agreed over a fortnight ago and he's rarely wrong so get spaffing lads 

20 minutes ago, OurDan said:

I have been told that both Boro & Us have agreed a fee for Rhodes, Rhodes has agreed terms with us and wants to join, but his Agent/Management want him to hold out for Villa or Derby for more money

16 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Apparently we were close to signing him close season deal was 1m loan fee and full wages . 

Don't know why it didn't happen but it was close to being done . 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No we were happy with that apparently

Just read through the above and relax :picnic:

Honest!!

I think it could be a blessing in disguise if we miss out on Rhodes. Firstly is he that much better than our existing striking options and secondly could the money be spent in other areas more needy of improvement? 

Also it has to be said that we aren't doing that badly with our current squad and it appears that the team morale is first class. If it ain't broke why try and fix it?

All this talk of throwing big money at star players reminds me of the story of the Oakland Athletics baseball team which was dramatised by the Brad Pitt movie Moneyball. It's currently on Netflix and well worth a viewing. Based on a true story it's basically about how a small budget team like Oakland set a major league record of 20 straight wins by analysing prospective players to measure their worth versus cost for the team. They hired a Yale economics graduate to process the player analysis from a mathematics formula.  I'm not saying football recruitment should be carried out by mathematics boffins, but I do believe that a lot of player recruitment is very poor business. Assuming all teams have an overall budget, surely the art of player recruitment is about blending a group of players that make you great as a whole?

38 minutes ago, OurDan said:

If this is anywhere near the truth about then it sums up all that is wrong in today's game. If a player wants to go somewhere and the clubs have agreed a fee then the agents job should be to get the job done.

Edited by GMOwl72