Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 minute ago, Flat Owl said:

I always wondered where my contributions to keep the site running went.

I did not for one minute think it ever went to keeping you in the manner to which you have become accustomed...

FFS

:stuwinky:

A tenner a week doesn't get you far unfortunately.

Unless you shop at Aldi that is.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

That's the spirit!

ps - if you also get a crate of lager in, don't tell anyone on here if it's Carling. You'll get slaughtered for that too. lol

How close are you to FFP saction? I haven't been following

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Owlinmad says his son is a football agent, best mates with Rhodes, and he's coming here on loan.

Derby, earlier linked to Rhodes, have ruled themselves out of the running to buy him, according to Pat Murphy of the BBC.

Same Pat Murphy also saying Villa have also ruled themselves out of the running to buy him @ the asking price of £11million.

So, if he is going anywhere in Jan, it'll be to another club, not Derby or Villa, on a permanent deal, for the asking price of £11million, or to Villa if they can negotiate the fee down from £11million, or to any other club who can negotiate the fee down from the asking price of £11million, or he'll simply go on loan somewhere.

Make your own conclusions. Personally, as he has been at our games recently, and Boro seem adamant they will only let him go permanently for £11million, which nobody seems to want to pay, I think we have a good chance of getting him on loan as hinted at by Owlinmad.

Will be nipping to Home Bargains for Kleenex just in case.

I think the Villa and Derby links were coming out of Boro trying to flush out potential suitors or likes of us to push for a perm signing. 

Personally I think even a loan loan may be too expensive if we have to pay 65k a week and any loan fee. But we have deadwood earning that so if we can ship a few out it's no pain other than trying to keep 4 very good forwards happy. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I agree, I think forking out for Rhodes' £75k a week wages is just a step too far for us :ph34r:

What about 90k though?