Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

Guest Copthorneowl
31 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I can't see him going out on loan unless there is a hefty fee involved.  I don't see what it really benefits Boro.

Surely you have to be right.

An 11/12million player has to be on wages we can't pay, well not without another player pay structure meltdown. Whilst I don't really think there's much more than the width of a piece of paper between the abilities of Rhodes and Hooper I, like most would be delighted to have him as a option but just don't see how this can happen.

Rhodes getting three times as much as Forestiero would be obscene imo.

Guest The Horse

Do any clubs actually pay the full transfer fee in one lump sum? 

I'm sure I read on here during the summer that many many fees are staggered and dependant on all manner of criteria being met. 

He may be 11 million but how much of that would be payable straight away?

1 minute ago, Geosword said:

I'm sure I read on here during the summer that many many fees are staggered and dependant on all manner of criteria being met. 

You wouldn't believe how some of the deals are staged.

That's why players need agents, not to mention that many of the players are as thick as pig poop !

3 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

You wouldn't believe how some of the deals are staged.

That's why players need agents, not to mention that many of the players are as thick as pig poop !

That Roofe lad at Leeds was no bright spark when interviewed last night. He could hardly string a sentence together.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, Geosword said:

No they don't. My mate is a major player in this business in both the Prem and champ they pay by instalments. Just like we did for Pudil and Abdi.

What does happen however is that the selling club does often want the full amount of money up front for their player investments and that's where people like my pal come in they organise the full transfer monies up front to the selling club with security against the instalments from the buyers.

6 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

No-one seems to bother reading your posts Owlsman.

I don't..

lol

I only raised the thread for Neil. He said he doesn't mind continuing to pay me a tenner a week to increase siiiite traffikc but felt that I'd been slacking off a little.

lol

Edited by theowlsman

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I only raised the thread for Neil. He said he doesn't mind continuing to pay me a tenner a week to increase donald trump's farts but felt that I'd been slacking off a little.

lol

I always wondered where my contributions to keep the site running went.

I did not for one minute think it ever went to keeping you in the manner to which you have become accustomed...

FFS

:stuwinky: