Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

8 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I hate Rhodes rumours, I really do.

BUT I do also think it's sort of a given that eventually we will see him in a Wednesday shirt. I think he has a genuine affection for this club. In fact, has anyone got the article from the Blackburn programme where he speaks about us?

I don't think we've genuinely been in for him before. I don't think we've stood a chance financially.

But IF he's available on loan, and we put a loan offer in....he'd jump at the chance to come here.

At this stage in the season I don't think any championship club are gonna pay his asking price. He'll leave Boro on loan in January & we have an obvious edge over Derby & Villa.

I think we genuinely enquired about him and mcmanaman in the summer for loans. Likely priced out for the full year but half a season may work.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, mattitheowl said:

Started 6 league games!  Hardly someone seen as a first choice that is it with half the season left.

Still got the job done for them. His goals did help the cause. I agree that Rhodes does not appear to be Karanka's cup of tea, but Karanka could walk/be sacked if they drop. It's a harsh sport. 

5 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

My son is friends with Jordan.

My son is a football agent, not representing Jordan.

I think Jordan Rhodes will come to us. My son has never commented on the situation and never would.

I knew we were in for Hooper the first time and it was a done deal until "someone" at the other end pulled the plug.

If I've ever mentioned we have looked at a player or shown interest then it is 100% true.

One of my best friends is a freelance scout and does a lot of work for Arsenal.

I believe you mate, and I have a warm feeling about this at the moment too.

Unless someone is daft enough to cough up £11million.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

You're moving the goal posts now! lol

No I'm not. I've said more than once that Karanka may or may not still be there. I don't think he'd stop there if they drop. That could give Rhodes a way back in if he's still on their books. 

Edited by wilyfox

4 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Started 6 league games!  Hardly someone seen as a first choice that is it with half the season left.

If we get him Carlos will keep him in the development squad for a month or so because he's not match fit WTF:

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Played him enough to help secure promotion..

Besides, if Boro are relegated, who's to say Karanka would still be there next season?

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

No I'm not. I said in my first post you replied to that Karanka may or may not still be there. I don't think he'd stop there if they drop. That could give Rhodes a way back in if he's still on their books. 

You said he played him enough, I don't call 6 starts from a possible 20 playing someone enough.

Just not bothered...

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

You said he played him enough, I don't call 6 starts from a possible 20 playing someone enough.

If he scored coming off the bench, what's the difference? Le Fondre was crucial to Reading in the prem not so long ago doing exactly that. Truth is, Rhodes helped Boro's cause significantly. Will he be first name on the team sheet for Karanka? ..probably not. 

A loan works for everyone.

I think most accept he is not worth the £12m they paid when they signed him purely because he hasn't been playing & scoring regularly since. Hence is value has dropped.

If he goes on loan, Boro save on wages & have the potential of his value going back up. That's presuming he plays & scores regularly.

At the same time it helps Rhodes in finding another potential club for next season.