Boro' away in't cup

I hate people turning out weakened teams for the FA Cup but what, realistically, are clubs to do; 3 games in six days, clear evidence that the combination of too many games in quick succession and colder weather leads to a much higher risk of injury. 

I love the FA Cup but even I would turn out a weakened team. Still; a big chance for fringe players and a real chance to win. Atmosphere will be dreadful from the home fans and they won't be up for it.

Would love a cup run; quarter and semi finals were amazing in the 80s and 90s.

I think

Owlsman

Beholder             ReadingOwl             MK6             BloodAxe

Big Guns                33               Everthepessimist

VictoryBell (natch)            David Hirst                Dave Sunley

We will crush them!!:laugh:

Without subs!!

|For me it's:

League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FA CUP>>>>>>League Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England.

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

|For me it's:

League>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FA CUP>>>>>>League Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England.

Me too. And only if England are on telly. I have no desire to pay to watch England.

As far as I am concerned, England = FA FC and I have no time for the FA.

I agree - except I'm more negative about the England team than that. Funny thing is that I consider myself a patriot but I just can't work up any emotional feelings for them. They just strike me as a bunch of overpaid fannies who don't have much to do with me, even when they play the national anthem.

Is this what it's like to be a woman?:laugh:

It's a bit of a quandary isn't it. Lots of Wednesdayites aiming for play off final , others wanting a good cup run , problem being they've changed the format for 2017. FA cup final on Sat. 27th , Championship play off final on Mon. 29th , It's either one or the other.

Personally , hoping for auto promotion and a good cup run , and that relies on a strong fit squad , including some of the so called deadwood . So let's get some of em out on loan and match fit.

46 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

|For me it's:

You rate England that highly lol

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

play reserves its now the tin pot cup ,why do you think its as little as £2 for kids ,nearly all teams play there reserves that's why hardly anyones intrested in going. id sooner we get knocked out so the Brentford home game last Saturday in January aint moved to a cold wet feb night. years ago I loved the fa cup now I don't even watch cup final.

Brentford match will likely be moved either way, they're playing a conference team and will probably win at a canter.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think the majority will be first teasers in this game.  He will do mass rotation for Wolves with it only being 48 hours after the last game.  Then the majority of players will come back do this one.

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

play reserves its now the tin pot cup ,why do you think its as little as £2 for kids ,nearly all teams play there reserves that's why hardly anyones intrested in going. id sooner we get knocked out so the Brentford home game last Saturday in January aint moved to a cold wet feb night. years ago I loved the fa cup now I don't even watch cup final.

tinpot cup?

We really do have some of the most arrogant fans in the world

lol

11 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

I think

Owlsman

Beholder             ReadingOwl             MK6             BloodAxe

Big Guns                33               Everthepessimist

VictoryBell (natch)            David Hirst                Dave Sunley

We will crush them!!:laugh:

Without subs!!

Don't you want someone in that side with a Brazilian sounding name?  Adds a bit of a continental flavour.