best fans in championship vote

Guest The Claw

10 hours ago, Princeabdullah said:

Newcastle are awesome fans simple as that. 

It's really not. Newcastle are up there with Liverpooh as some of the most over rated fans in the country.

The media seem to love them for some reason, but they're not as good as they're made out.

12 hours ago, Princeabdullah said:

Newcastle

sheffield wednesday 

leeds united

aston villa

in that order 

Newcastle are awesome fans simple as that. 

Wednesday will always travel and generate 20-25 at home thousand regardless. Away support is amongst the best I've ever seen (Watford away when you stopped us winning league) 

Leeds fans in my opinion are a bit delusional but follow and support regardless,  even though I can't stand the club the fans turn out so fair is fair. 

Aston Villa I see on par with Wednesday good club with a good honest fan base home and away. 

The rest seem just seem to be caught up in a moment, where the bigger clubs have the roots. 

As a watford fan thats my take on the best fans in the championship. 

Special mention for forest aswell quality club, but fans seem to have give up... 

we are nowhere near on a par with villa as a club or support ......

Having the most fans doesn't make you the best. A small town club can't take 5k away every week

Saying that, Leeds fans have had to put up with some bobbar and they still believe and support the team. 

Not sure they are the best though cos they have a lot of idiots who let them down.

is his solely about Championship clubs? Sat in the W'ite car Park last Sat eating my F & C from Chinese, and listening to Donny v Grimsby of radio Sheffield. An early K-O in theth Division between two 'unfashionable' clubs. Grimsby took over 4000 fans to Donny. That's what I call FANS. 

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

is his solely about Championship clubs? Sat in the W'ite car Park last Sat eating my F & C from Chinese, and listening to Donny v Grimsby of radio Sheffield. An early K-O in theth Division between two 'unfashionable' clubs. Grimsby took over 4000 fans to Donny. That's what I call FANS. 

They'll do anything to get out of Grimsby!

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

Id like to see how true that is if villa went through 20 years like we did 

probably too big a club to be crap for 20 years but when they were in the 3rd division they averaged 32k which is more than we have ever averaged in the 50 odd years ive been going ....... 

18 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

Leeds is not a smaller City than ours, the population of Leeds is over 751.000, Sheffield's poupulation is Only 563.000, some 33/34% Lower. 

Defining what Leeds is is tricky. The population in the Leeds urban area - the traditional Leeds boundary -  is less than half a million. The larger number is arrived at when you add in places like Pudsey, Wetherby, Otley, Morley etc.

12 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Jeese, if some of our own supporters can't vote for us in a peetake poll what chance does Mr C have of trying to drive loyalty ?

no wonder so many young kids today claim to support the bigger "brand names" in football rather than their local club..

It just goes to show how many soft do gooders there are around, bring on feckin Brexit !

Stupidest post of the year goes to...

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Lived in Newcastle for uni for a few years and went to St James Park on quite a few occasions. It's amazing how 50,000 people can be so quiet. Nevermind Hillsborough with less than half that.  Oh and they only have about 3 songs. 

that's what seated stadiums do .....I cant think of one ground that's a hotbed of noise or hostile intimidating  atmos these days .

9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Defining what Leeds is is tricky. The population in the Leeds urban area - the traditional Leeds boundary -  is less than half a million. The larger number is arrived at when you add in places like Pudsey, Wetherby, Otley, Morley etc.

Yep, the city itself is smaller than Sheffield population wise but the figures for the metropolitan area often include the areas you mention. 

When you consider the size of Leeds and the surrounding area, the fact it is a 1-club city and can call upon nearby places likes Wakefield and Halifax for support as they don't have professional football teams to speak of, their numbers aren't that great.

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

No defining Leeds is easy, it's that shithole at the North end of the M1.