Newcastle predictions

Guest Wonder Spaniel

I think we are more suited to playing against better, more open opposition, such as Newcastle, rather than been dragged down by Rotherham's more negative approach, so Boxing Day at St James, might work for us. As other have said, we will need to take our chances. An early goal would be great to help unsettle 50,000 Geordie's!

To me this game will show what we are made of, playing a good footballing side should suit us, they will play a more open game than the mid/lower table championship battlers, theres a good chance that we should be free of injuries apart from maybe Hooper plus an on form Fessie could see us take home a point.

Guest wilyfox

If we can shackle Gayle then we could ****** a point. Doubtful though. He's on fire. 

Ps. S n a t c h is a swear word filtered out? Worlds gone mad. 

Edited by wilyfox

All right lads, Geordie in peace. 

Any of you lot travelling up need pub advice let me know.

Quite a good mix of confidence levels in this thread, consensus on Tyneside is that it won't be an easy game and if we aren't up for it we could very easily come unstuck. Shelvey's hearing started yesterday and I'd not be surprised if he wasn't included in the matchday squad regardless of the finding. He surely can't be focussed on pre-match training and the hearing. If I'm right, we'll be relying on others to provide the creativity. On that note, Ritchie hasn't been in great form and has coasted through a few too many games, Diame is picking up a bit as an Attacking Midfielder, but may be shuffled into Shelvey's deeper position. 

Good luck for the rest of the season and I'm serious about the pub advice, we've loads of great pubs/bars.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Quite a good mix of confidence levels in this thread, consensus on Tyneside is that it won't be an easy game and if we aren't up for it we could very easily come unstuck. Shelvey's hearing started yesterday and I'd not be surprised if he wasn't included in the matchday squad regardless of the finding. He surely can't be focussed on pre-match training and the hearing. If I'm right, we'll be relying on others to provide the creativity. On that note, Ritchie hasn't been in great form and has coasted through a few too many games, Diame is picking up a bit as an Attacking Midfielder, but may be shuffled into Shelvey's deeper position. 

Good luck for the rest of the season and I'm serious about the pub advice, we've loads of great pubs/bars.

Thanks for the post Fish.

How have you fared at home so far this season when teams come up and have a go? Or, do visiting teams tend to try and soak up the pressure and then hit you on the break?

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Any tips for long stay parking on Boxing Day? We've got hotel booked for the night on the Quayside. 

9 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Any tips for long stay parking on Boxing Day? We've got hotel booked for the night on the Quayside. 

If you can't park at the hotel, if I were you I'd park at the Metrocentre. It's free, secure and it's just off the A1. There's a short train to get you into Manors Station, which is a short walk from the Quayside. Plus when you start the return journey you can pick up loads of car snacks/belated Xmas shopping.

If you're staying down the Quayside and don't fancy walking up Dean Street, there's an electric Yellow Bus (Q1 I think) that'll get you up to the centre for buttons. But there's a couple of pubs on Dean street that are worth a visit; the Crown Posada and there's a Brew Dog too. Handy pit stops, especially when you take into account having to trek up Level 7 when you get to St James'.

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Good news for us. He's a bit of a idiot, isn't he?

Idiot isn't the word ha ha, but definitely good news for us.

Just Gayle, Diame, Ritchie, Mitrovic etc to worry about now but helps our chances no end.

Wasn't looking forward to the inevitable Hutchinson v Voldermort tackle off!