Hooper

29 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I like most will be glad to have him back & available for selection,

But we've gone on the best run of the season, since his exit.

It difficult to conclude that we're missing him.

Though to lose one of your best players you would choose Rotherham, Barnsley, Wolves, Preston and Reading ahead of most 5 match sequences, just as you would choose Barnsley, Rotherham and Reading to lose Nando.

Lets hope they both come back on flying form to take on the likes of Newcastle, Udders and Brighton.

10 hours ago, dazaston said:

The amount of negative comments I have heard regarding Hooper "he's lazy he's fat not good enough not fit" amazes me. We have nobody that drops into the hole & links up play like him.

He has a decent scoring record & we are missing him at the minute.

Best forward we have by far said it all along.....

Imagine him and Rhodes up top with FF behind...ooooooouch.......please santa...I've been a good boy all year...honest.. ..

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked very well at all. 

May be something to revisit occasionally now Hutch is back where he should be.

Think it can work if we get to play them all together on a consistent basis (ideally at home, probably a bit too attacking away). 

Certainly all the talent there. Thing is they are all 3 very different types of players, who should compliment one another. 

I was the one that said maybe its a blessing in disguise. Unbeknown to me that Forestieri would get a 3 match ban. Fletcher is a better option than Hooper imo.  We haven't played well recently but just remember that Hooper started against Ipswich in what was a poor performance and a defeat. To think he'd be scoring for fun against Barnsley and Rotherham is laughable considering his miss at Fulham. Of course I'd like him fit but only to replace useless Lucas on bench

7 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We're clearly not missing him. 

He's a very good goal scorer and it's important to have a player of his type in the squad, but let's not start pretending we're missing him when we've won 4 out of 5. 

I think most would be coming at this from the 'We haven't exactly romped / eased through games whilst he's been out', therefore there is every chance that we would have increased our chances of having done so, had we had Hooper fit and available for those last 5.

Statistically and factually, we are obviously depleted when we lose ANY of our higher end players and it goes without saying that, this then has a knock on effect as to our chances in a game, or how much more difficult it becomes.

10 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We're clearly not missing him. 

He's a very good goal scorer and it's important to have a player of his type in the squad, but let's not start pretending we're missing him when we've won 4 out of 5. 

:laugh:

Lets not kid ourselves we have been mostly clueless in the final third.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see we've missed him just as much as FF. Even the Hooper-bashers like you, secretly know deep down that while you've been watching Joao and Nuhiu toil away trying to get the ball under control and missing chance after chance, just how much we've missed Hooper. Laughable that you're still sticking to your guns.

lol

11 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked very well at all. 

May be something to revisit occasionally now Hutch is back where he should be.

And you can tell this from the 200 minutes we have seen them together here and there? 

The Fletcher/Hooper pairing has been very productive, and we know FF is rediculously good from the left.