Guest mrbluesky
5 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Let's put things in perspective 12 days before Christmas cold Tuesday night, not as cheap as some think it should be - great attendance UTO! A measure of where we are at will be Saturdays attendance.

12 people singing

11 pies been eaten

10 dingles feeding

9 boxes empty 

8 shots were taken

7 servers serving

6 people moaning

555555!! Onion rings

4 penalties not given

3 clear offsides 

2 dodgy goals

and 1 sending off!!

7 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

My question is why are you moaning? The club publishes attendances for a reason TAX! We've already fallen foul of HMRC already in our not so distant past so I don't think we will tread that path again under DC!

not moaning pal, just stating there wasn't that many in the ground. A lot of no show season tickets, but they are at least paid for tickets so its still good in numbers for sales

Rainy day.   Close to Xmas.  Barnsley couldn't sell out the top tier.  Broken down tram on middle wood line according to radio.  Norwich v villa live on sky. Everton v arsenal also on tv.   Ridiculous ticket prices on the day. Team continuing to play in Millwall kit. Defeat on Saturday and out of top 6.   To get that many excellent.  Would have been 30k for a Saturday game. 

8 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

My partner and our youngests first game ever , quote of the year 

why is there only one referee he keeps missing things lol 

That's funny!

The first Wednesday game that I took my wife to was away at Plymouth Argyle.

When the whistle went for half time and everyone got up for a pint and a piddle she got up to and started edging her down the row. "I'll wait here "I shouted to her.  "Why, aren't we leaving too" she said !! She thought that that was it. Glad she stayed for the second half as she got to see Fanny Jeffers come on as sub and miss two sitters.

The Barnsley and Rotherham games are a bit odd, in that both are nominally local derbies but don't feel quite like it.  I would be quite pro Barnsley at the moment because I like the manager.  But while for most championship clubs I can think of someone I know whose a supporter, I can think of one Barnsley fan and he's pretty nominal and lives well away from the area now; and no Rotherham fans. 

In the circumstances pretty decent.

Just now, yunga_swfc said:

self praise

Yeah, I sort of guessed/knew that, but I still don't get it. It's like patting yourself on the back for actually going to the game. Going to the game shouldn't be something someone needs to be praised for, do you know what I mean? If you are a fan, you are a fan. End of.

Anyway, just a silly point I thought I would mention. It sort of makes me chuckle when I hear a smattering of applause to be honest.