Forestieri new contract

I want to see us in the Premier and competing for honours.  If that means FF or who ever throws a sulk from time to time give them what they want or get rid straight away so long as we sign up another player of equal ability and lets get on with getting promoted.

The holier than thou fans can go and watch their local church side play.  

Time is slowly starting to run out for me I want to celebrate whilst my body can just about take it.  Not jumping up and down using my Zimmer frame.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, ramone said:

Wake up and smell the coffee... 

He still did the dirty on us. Fans have the right to upset with him, you should be. Maybe for some, he hasn't yet done enough to warrant being forgiven. 2 good games on the trot (lets be honest, thats all he's had) and fans are supposed to forgive and forget? Not so sure about that. As some have said, transfer window coming up. It could be a further ploy to engineer a move? You dont know one way, you dont know the other... Thats why some fans are still guarded and negative. I dont blame them

I dont really care anymore as far as he's concerned. Its gone on too long now for me to even batter an eyelid. If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays. 

Im fully up with the smell of the coffee. I know what he did but how long are you going to hold this against him.

I like everybody else was gutted by what he did and was in the group of SWFC fans at Norwich that were singing F***k Forestiero to the tune we sing when praising him were you in that group.  BUT since that time he's written a letter of apology to the fans publicly apologised to the chairman, given innumerable pledges of faith, contributed a huge sum to a coaches wife's cancer treatment and also since that time on the pitch scored several goals two winners and an equaliser in three games prior to the last two And been publicly backed by our manager.

How long will this go on if he's never going to be forgiven then that's sad. Fortunately while growing up I've made some real mistakes in my life but happily those close to me have (apart from hammering me at the time) seen fit to forgive me and get on with life. Why can't you forgive him he's such a great player and seems to want to be part of our club.

I just cannotunderstandhow people can't forgive and refuse absolutely to believe they have gone through life blameless.

I will continue to stand his corner and hope he is not driven away by those who hate him.

Lots of ifs and buts here..we dont know what was said to Fessi a start of season, if it was stay for the moment, because we cant get anyone else in this late and go in January when we have more time to get a replacement, then I can see why DC would say this about a new contract, pushing his value up a bit more as any club interested might think they would have to pay more for him. I can also see why he would put a bit more effort in to attract other clubs. There again it might be what it seems, an owner paying him for improved performances. Not one of us really know? I would like him to stay! To show real loyalty and shut people up, it would take a bid coming in Fessi himself saying I am not going. I suppose we will know Jan 31

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Im fully up with the smell of the coffee. I know what he did but how long are you going to hold this against him.

I like everybody else was gutted by what he did and was in the group of SWFC fans at Norwich that were singing F***k Forestiero to the tune we sing when praising him were you in that group.  BUT since that time he's written a letter of apology to the fans publicly apologised to the chairman, (1) given innumerable pledges of faith, contributed a huge sum to a coaches wife's cancer treatment and also since that time on the pitch scored several goals two winners and an equaliser in three games prior to the last two And been publicly backed by our manager.

How long will this go on if he's never going to be forgiven then that's sad. Fortunately while growing up I've made some real mistakes in my life but happily those close to me have (apart from hammering me at the time) seen fit to forgive me and get on with life. (2) Why can't you forgive him he's such a great player and seems to want to be part of our club.

I just cannotunderstandhow people can't forgive and refuse absolutely to believe they have gone through life blameless.

I will continue to stand his corner and hope he is (3) not driven away by those who hate him.

1) What are they? Having a table football table made? These things aren't knocked up in a day. Wouldn;t surprise me if he'd ordered that ages ago.... 

2) Ok fair do's. HE's apologised. But dont let that pull the wool over your eyes. There's no loyalty in football anymore ad he'll be off as soon as a better offer comes in for him

3) Not seen anyone say they hate him.I certainly have't. I'm disappointed in him and my feelings towards him are now what I feel for Matias. He's just another player. I dont hate him nor will I drive him out of the club.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

1) What are they? Having a table football table made? These things aren't knocked up in a day. Wouldn;t surprise me if he'd ordered that ages ago.... 

2) Ok fair do's. HE's apologised. But dont let that pull the wool over your eyes. There's no loyalty in football anymore ad he'll be off as soon as a better offer comes in for him

3) Not seen anyone say they hate him.I certainly have't. I'm disappointed in him and my feelings towards him are now what I feel for Matias. He's just another player. I dont hate him nor will I drive him out of the club.

Youre referring to the football table not me. You don't want to accept his NUMEROUS apologies that's your prerogative  I'm aware there are zero loyalties in football but the difference between you and I is that he gets my loyalty whilst he wears our shirt and I recognise his contribution great player best for decades and asked for forgiveness you won't give it fair enough.

If if you've not seen anybody say they hate him you can only have read selectively because several have fact. Mystified by any correlation between him and Matias but if you see one then theres no wonder were on opposite sides of this debate.

If any prem club comes in with bid for any of our players they will be out the door like shot with hardly time to wave bye bye, not just Fessi any one of them.. At the moment he is our player we are Wednesday and we will get behind em' while ever they are in our shirt , what will happen in the transfer window will happen and I trust DC to do what he feels is best.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Can't say fairer than that. 

Did read on here a few days ago that a new contract was in the offing in the summer, but Fernando had his head turned by interest from Swansea. 

The offer was subsequently withdrawn. If he wants to be here, is committed to the cause and keeps producing then he should be given a new deal. 

More like the work of a scummy agent trying to make a few quid for himself. 

16 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

If any prem club comes in with bid for any of our players they will be out the door like shot with hardly time to wave bye bye, not just Fessi any one of them.. At the moment he is our player we are Wednesday and we will get behind em' while ever they are in our shirt , what will happen in the transfer window will happen and I trust DC to do what he feels is best.

do you not have eyes or ears? or just cynical to the core?

11 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

And who would deny any of them the chance to play premier league football. But I do believe the majority of our players have brought into the fact that they can achieve it here. 

Also with inflated prices about nobody would be leaving on the cheap unless we wanted them to.

If the whole Forresterri situation had taught us anything it is that Chansiri is firmly in the driving seat. 

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

More like the work of a scummy agent trying to make a few quid for himself. 

He's a fully developed adult. A grown man.

I'm quite sure he's greedy enough on his own, without an agent egging him on.

What he needs to do is give it his all,ALL the time.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

He has the ability to be our best player by far, but he has been light years below such a level this season.  Let's hope Fulham and Wolves are the true start of his 16/17 season  performances

How you have been negged for this comment  baffles me

31 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Come on Holmowl lets be accurate there have been some games and not that many that he's been guilty of underperforming. It's not like you to exaggerate wildly, and he is our best player never mind "has the ability". His last two performances arguably better than any last year (imo of course).

"Light years" much too strong. True. I hope this is better balanced.

Wolves gave us the best possible reminder of what we had last season, and what has been missing this season from his game since Norwich. 

The headline things missing are obvious; a lack of goals (2 incl one pen in the 14 matches between Norwich and Fulham), and his two assists all season (a one yard pass back to Bannan 30 yards out and a corner both v Bristol).

But what has also been missing is effort. Look back at last year's matches at how much chasing and harrying he did. He was a terrier chasing and nipping at the feet of oppos until dispossessed. Ive seen 11 of this season's 17 matches he has played, and that aspect of his game has been missing. Reading the comments from fans who attended the games I have missed, the same seems to have been missing in those matches too, until Fulham. 

From Carlos's comments about training, and from the evidence of Fulham and Wolves, the fantastic news is it looks like we have his enthusiasm, effort and his goals back. In which case then, but only then, do we have one of the best players in the Championship. 

2 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

Be interesting to see if there is renewed interest in him around January.

I will also be interesting to see how deep his commtiment runs should interest arise and a new contract offer is on the table.

Sniff of a PR stunt here I think.

Watford I have just read your profile and seen what your two interests are. 

I too like golf, but would you settle for a nod rather than a handshake if ever we play together?

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

"Light years" much too strong. True. I hope this is better balanced.

Wolves gave us the best possible reminder of what we had last season, and what has been missing this season from his game since Norwich. 

The headline things missing are obvious; a lack of goals (2 incl one pen in the 14 matches between Norwich and Fulham), and his two assists all season (a one yard pass back to Bannan 30 yards out and a corner both v Bristol).

But what has also been missing is effort. Look back at last year's matches at how much chasing and harrying he did. He was a terrier chasing and nipping at the feet of oppos until dispossessed. Ive seen 11 of this season's 17 matches he has played, and that aspect of his game has been missing. Reading the comments from fans who attended the games I have missed, the same seems to have been missing in those matches too, until Fulham. 

From Carlos's comments about training, and from the evidence of Fulham and Wolves, the fantastic news is it looks like we have his enthusiasm, effort and his goals back. In which case then, but only then, do we have one of the best players in the Championship. 

I always respect your friendly non combative  postsHolmowl but also accept you bamboozle most on here with stats we can't contest (or be bothered to) but methinks you're  almost damming FF with faint praise.

However nuff said on this subject think I've said enough on FF's behalf I'm off for a game of table footie with him in Chapeltown now bye .

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Watford I have just read your profile and seen what your two interests are. 

I too like golf, but would you settle for a nod rather than a handshake if ever we play together?

Absolutely.

I will point out that I do wear gloves for one of those pasttimes however.