Forestieri new contract

16 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

What would you do if your company brought someone in to do the same job as you but paid them more only you were much better at the job then they were?  If that happened to me I would ask for a pay increase.  In fact it has happened to me and I did ask for (and was given) a pay increase.

Did you walk off the job? 

4 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

I think Copthorne has hit the nail on the head.  FF has been brassed off that he has not been offered a new deal but it sounds like the club have said play like you're the best player at the club and we'll give you a new deal.

Which is fair enough. 

I just wish Fernando had adopted this mindset at the start of the season, but what's done is done now. 

Hopefully he keeps it up, gets his new deal and fires us up the division. 

Up to him. 

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, I am a man said:

I would rather we signed someone with no legs who respects the club and fans.

Ask Mr Kallins and Hayley Kallins if they think Forestiero understands respect for the club.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Ask Mr Kallins and Hayley Kallins if they think Forestiero understands respect for the club.

You're wasting your time. 

He's just trolling about FF as he usually does. 

Edited by SiJ

19 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Even Bannan on occasions.

By "occasions", do you mean since March?

I'm glad that someone else has brought others' form into this. Barry Bannan hasn't deserved a start all season, Lees has been a shadow of the last 2 seasons, Wallace (although getting on) is not what he was, and then there's Pudil that hasn't been a patch on last year - even throw some of CC's tactical errors in there. Yet there are no conspiracies about them.

Forestieri had a severe lapse in his judgement, but by no means is he the main offender when it comes to not carrying on the momentum from last year... in fact, I'd put him significantly above Bannan, Lees and Pudil

Edited by DuncOwl

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

What would you do if your company brought someone in to do the same job as you but paid them more only you were much better at the job then they were?  If that happened to me I would ask for a pay increase.  In fact it has happened to me and I did ask for (and was given) a pay increase.

that's impossible to answer , I don't know if we have brought someone in to do forestieri's job ......i'd guess fletcher and abdi would be on more money than him but they are 2 different types of player ....all I know is that he was happy to sign a deal for 4 years on an agreed wage if he had it written in that he had to be the top earner then he as a case for a rise if he didn't then doesn't .......I don't blame him asking for more money coz we all want what we can get and if chansiri does give it to him then good luck to the lad but the owner will be making a rod for his own back coz if someone starts playing better than forestieri he could be in the the same position again .and again and again .

So you refuse to accept that some fans don't want him and even suggest they're blades? Pure ignorance.

If these fans do exist then they are not very bright.

We need to support him and encourage him to keep performing.

Then if he stays we benefit on the pitch, if he goes we get the best price.

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

Guest Copthorneowl
4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Did you walk off the job? 

9 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

No, they'd have fired me.  I'm easily replaceable.

Cant beat a bit of good humour beats all these fractious posts, Think he's got you there Costy

I see. So a fans refusal to accept that a player, who refused to travel with the squad deserves praise and support is not very bright? You embarrass this club.

Is there anything FF can do to get back into your good books ?

hat-trick every game ?

Just now, ANDY said:

Is there anything FF can do to get back into your good books ?

hat-trick every game ?

You heard him. 

He'd rather have  a player with no legs and a head than FF. 

Just now, I am a man said:

No. I'm done with him.

So even if he remained with the club for the rest of his career and scored the goal that gained us promotion you'd still be done with him. 

What a pillock :duntmatter:

Just now, I am a man said:

By getting loads of sold out fans to cheer his name regardless of what he's done.

How are they sold out?  They know the facts and the majority have given him the benefit of the doubt.  Probably coming to the conclusion that we all make mistakes from time to time.

He's apologised in numerous kinds of ways.

He's not killed, attacked, stolen, or done anything but make an error of judgement.

Why not tell us about some of your errors of judgement? We will take it as read that your an untied fan.