BBC - Price of Football

I have read the report on the BBC web site and it does not reflect the true cost of match day tickets,

First a match day ticket can for selected matches can cost upto £1400.00 .Yes one thousand four hundred pounds.

Granted that is a seat , meal etc in a Excutive box a price which is in line with other major EPL clubs.

Also the chances of buying a match day ticket for an A list match at Old Trafford are just about zero.

They are sold with corporate deals upto £700 per match depending on the opposition this is not unusual at

major EPL clubs.

Buying a season ticket is also not what it seems, buy a season at Old Trafford , as part of the deal you must buy a ticket

for all home cup matches reguard less of the opposition or your ability to attend the match. The money is taken off your

debit/credit card without warning.

I know the price of tickets at Hillsbrough is a much debated here on Owls Talk , but with sucess it could get much worse.

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Do a quick sum. Get the attendance revenue figure for a full season and deduct Forestieris wages from it. Ticket revenue is nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

It generates 400-600K a season more than on Milan's prices.

10 weeks of FF's wages basically.

Absolute load of tosh and I'll go again when it comes in line. 

Last year. Christmas Day. Me, son, brother and nephew decide we will go to next home game as Wednesday are playing well and the "buzz" is back!

Quick check of website to book tickets. Much hilarity. Not a little incredulity. Wives stunned into silence ( temporarily ) . 

No tickets purchased then or since. 

I have never minded paying a premium for being a "part time" fan. I was always happy to subsidise the "full time" fans.

Now I do as the prices are ridiculous. 

4 X 4 full price plus extras X 6-8 matches a season revenue gone.

I am delighted that attendances are holding up. Would prefer to see 30,000 + as there seems to be a critical mass in relation to atmosphere. 

I hope we will return one day as my life is brighter when Wednesday win. Still suicidal when we lose! 

WAWAW. 

6 minutes ago, Cersei said:

It generates 400-600K a season more than on Milan's prices.

10 weeks of FF's wages basically.

Absolute load of tosh and I'll go again when it comes in line. 

You're lucky. When I go I have 2 adults and 2 kids to pay for.

But I suppose that's my fault for perpetuating the species. 

5 hours ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

The fact that the stadium isn't full is enough of a protest, if the chairman's happy with attendance levels, then what would protesting achieve?

Clearly it isn't so maybe provide some evidence that he can create more cash flow with cheaper tickets.

I didn't get a season ticket because at the time, I didn't think I would be able to attend that many matches. I didn't even get a membership because I didn't think I would get my money back. As it happens, by Christmas I will have attended 8 home matches and I will be attending probably another 9 or 10 afterwards so that was a bad decision. Already I have attended 5 home matches and have paid over £260 (with my daughter who has attended 4 matches). I am looking at possibly getting a half season ticket if I can afford the one off price but with Christmas, that's hard unless I can spread the payments. I love going to watch Wednesday and get excited about every home match but I really resent paying those prices. The attendances have been good and I think this is largely due to the successful season we had last year and the expectations of this season - along with the large number of season ticket holders this time around. However, unless the team starts challenging the top 5 or 6 places I would be surprised if those attendances would be sustainable, other than for hosting the top teams and local derbies. Can't help but wonder that if the prices came down, would we attract another 4 or 5 thousand?

Don't forget - we are the MASSIVE. So we charge MASSIVE prices.

21 hours ago, Grandad said:

Screenshot_20161116-222929.png

Screenshot_20161116-222953.png

When we were bobar, when nobody was putting a significant amount into the club and we had a wage bill in the bottom 6 in the division I expected us to be priced accordingly.

Now that we have someone backing us financially, a good team that are expecting to do well and improving facilities I am not surprised or disappointed that it is costing more than it did in the past.

Some of the matchday tickets are too high but we know there has been a push over the past 2 seasons to get more season ticket holders an how many times has the 'Most expensive matchday ticket in the league' actually been charged?

The shirts are priced too high. The quality has improved from previous seasons but it is still a Sondico shirt and a shirt that will be out of date in a year, there is no justification to charge over £50 or to charge anywhere near as much for a kids shirt.

7 hours ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

The fact that the stadium isn't full is enough of a protest, if the chairman's happy with attendance levels, then what would protesting achieve?

Sorry but there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that even if the price was much lower our stadium would be full every game.

15 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Clearly it isn't so maybe provide some evidence that he can create more cash flow with cheaper tickets.

Or just continue not going while the price is extortionate , y'know, either... 

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry but there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that even if the price was much lower our stadium would be full every game.

Dont think I suggested it would be , but I'd bet pounds to pennies you could get 30k+ every week with sensible pricing