BBC - Price of Football

Just now, Cosmo said:

THEY'VE ALL GOT IPHONES THOUGH

Exactly. 

They are incredibly selfish. In today's society you have to prioritise things if you want to watch a bunch of grown men kick a football about for 90 minutes. 

"Ooooh I can't afford to go, I have to pay a mortgage and make sure my kids don't starve to death". 

Booflippinghooo. 

If they were a real fan then they'd sell the house, give the children away and live in one of the many parks that are in Sheffield. 

roger me here we go again, Lets get Dave back with £20 tickets as I'm fed up of same argument over and over again but nobody can be arsed to do owt about it.

Sure there was something on TV other day that said average Championship ticket was £13 and Premier £31 show me these tickets please as that's an awful lot of tickets that need shifting just to pay Fletcher and Hooper never mind Rooney and Ibra.

The whole thing is just mind boggling when trying to understand anyone in defence of paying premium prices at this level of football.

We aren't PL, not even close to being able to compete to the worst teams in the PL.

Yet people will applaud paying prices that are higher than the PL clubs are charging, and denounce anyone who dares to oppose that mentality.

Insane.

There is a balance to be found I agree, An adult should be able to attend any 1 off game for sub £30 imo but it doesn't look like that's going to happen under DC so what are people who cant afford/be arsed/need an excuse/wont pay on principle going to do to try and get DC to change the pricing structure?

£29 Kop, £35 North, £40 South with £5/£7/£9 off with memberships plus all kids tickets £10/£5 with membership keep it simple but I've got a 3year season ticket so tbh wont commit my time to trying to get the pricing changed so needs a group to stand up and push this subject which most agree POG is too expensive but don't get dragged in to other stuff just stay focused on ticket pricing.

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

The survey is flawed in that it doesn't focus on the average ticket price. Some clubs have a very small amount of cheap tickets in a particular area of the stadium but if the other 90% of tickets are expensive it doesn't show up in the survey. 

Wednesday got a lot of stick for the £52 ticket price last season which of course we never ended up charging, I wish they'd do the survey for the previous season rather than the current then we could see how much each club charged on average for all tickets. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

The actual thing the BBC produce is a total waste of time.

Its so poor it's not worth looking at.

Both of these: it is not a workable study and serves only to create misleading headlines.

That said, our prices are a p1ss take. 

Guest Kameron
13 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

Interesting that Reading with a Thai owner, above us in the league and with a more affluent fan base charge significantly less than us.

Maybe he doesn't like milk.

18 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

There is a balance to be found I agree, An adult should be able to attend any 1 off game for sub £30 imo but it doesn't look like that's going to happen under DC so what are people who cant afford/be arsed/need an excuse/wont pay on principle going to do to try and get DC to change the pricing structure?

£29 Kop, £35 North, £40 South with £5/£7/£9 off with memberships plus all kids tickets £10/£5 with membership keep it simple but I've got a 3year season ticket so tbh wont commit my time to trying to get the pricing changed so needs a group to stand up and push this subject which most agree POG is too expensive but don't get dragged in to other stuff just stay focused on ticket pricing.

This isn't an attack on you any shape or form mate but there is a section of fans that could be enticed into coming back to watching every other week, and the main reason given will be the pricing.

Football should be affordable for all. 

Whilst ever there are still close to 14,000 seats that are empty every other week it's a strawman's argument to suggest we cannot do anything more to involve those who are having to stay away because of the pricing structure. 

There's a different argument to be had when we are selling the ground out week in week out but whilst it's still only 25k every home game then there isn't a set of figures that proves it's more beneficial to the club to have those seats not being sold.

I agree with you in that a flat pricing structure helps but the POTD fans should have an option to get value for money without a gimmick attached as well. My suggestion would be buy one full price ticket and get the second half price.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

The "I'm alright Jack" brigade are still very much active. 

I prefer the description "season ticket holder" myself.

ive just forked out fifteen hundred quid on my three year deal so I'm going to be "alright jack" for the next three years. Which is just as well as I have just my job!!!

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I prefer the description "season ticket holder" myself.

ive just forked out fifteen hundred quid on my three year deal so I'm going to be "alright jack" for the next three years. Which is just as well as I have just my job!!!

Its a shame season tickets are cards now and not paper booklets. You could have put it on the fire to keep warm.