Blackburn vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

pauli

I dread the games we should win. I know Blackburn have perked up recently, but only beating fellow strugglers Rotherham and Derby. Whatever the result, I'm sure we'll make hard work of it. Hopefully another win.  

A very good morning to you all, no slip in standards from Pauli with another excellent OMDT.

Put bluntly we should be getting three points tonight, Blackburn are a bit crap and with a toughie against Brighton on Saturday we need to bank the wins. We've had a tendency of losing to crap teams on the road in recent times, and the Burton result didn't bode well for us changing that, so now is the time to nip it in the bud for this season and improve that away form. 

Feel like we should be able to cope with anything they can throw at us, so as long as we give 100℅ then a win should be on the way.

Blackburn 1-3 Wednesday (Abdi 23, 79, Graham 57, Fletcher 60)

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Blackburn are picking up a bit! Our away form is rubbish. 

I'll settle for not losing. Will Carlos change the team around with Brighton ahead on Saturday? Probably. 

Sincerely hope he does not mess with the team with Saturday in mind. Need to attack these from the off and last season showed us that taking games for granted / not being 100% at our best invariably led to defeat. 

We had players with knocks missing at the weekend in Pudil, Jones and Joao. We also picked up a few knocks with Bannan, Lees.

I'd not be surprised if there were a few changes but I'd fully expect Westwood, Hutch, Lees, Lee, Forestieri and Fletcher to be playing. So five changes tops?

With him not being involved with the Development Squad I'd expect Urby to at least make the bench tonight too.

------------Westwood

Hunt---Lees---Hutch---Pudil

Buckley---Lee---Jones---Reach

------------Forestieri

-------------Fletcher

Brilliant Pauli. I love these old Victorian fixtures. Hat trick from TEB Wilson's ghost wearing a white cap and grimly faded long shorts. Also on the score sheet but rather more obviously are Forestieri. Nuhiu and Lee in the 95th. Small dog will invade the pitch at some stage... One of these days. Perhaps.

Brilliant OMDT once again Pauli!

This should be an easy game going on how cràp Blackburns start to the season has been but this is Wednesday and we kinda have a habit of being easily beaten by "lesser" teams or teams with a terrible run of form

heart says easy win 4-0 to Wednesday but my head says 2-1 to Wednesday after falling behind im expecting a very tough match.

I just hope we can get the win and carry on up the table.

COME ON WEDNESDAY AND LETS STUFF THESE CHICKENS 

UP THE OWLS! AND SET LLAMAS TO STUN!

image.gif

We'll use our secret blend of 11 herbs and spices (plus five more on the bench) to lightly batter these bargain bucket off-cuts.

1-2 to the Wednesday, FF with a clucking screamer just before half time, and an 82min winner plucked out of the air by Fletch after Reach does some nice work on the wing.

Spitting feathers all the way home, but in a good way.