The all time best diving header of a ball is...

On 22/09/2016 at 18:39, @owlstalk said:

104207950.jpg

LEE CHAPMAN

Sometimes he would dive in for a header when he could have just stuck his leg out ha ha!

Seriously though - he was a dynamic header of the ball

We don't see diving headers anymore but I remember Lee Chapman being the KING of them

What a player

If anyone has any pics of him diving for a header post them. His elegance in mid air is matched only by the great Owen Morrison

definitely, he would dive under a double decker bus on penistone road for a header...

On 22/09/2016 at 19:15, Bluesteel said:

Not a Wednesday player but Duncan Ferguson was the best header of a ball I've seen 

i'm old enough to have seen ron davies and tony hateley, ferguson wasn't in the same league, although was likely the best of his time...

mark hughes and david speedie were both great headers who weren't big men...

13 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i'm old enough to have seen ron davies and tony hateley, ferguson wasn't in the same league, although was likely the best of his time...

mark hughes and david speedie were both great headers who weren't big men...

Way before my time mate. But Ferguson would head the ball and the man if necessary. Defenders were terrified 

Chapman is the best attacking header of the ball I've seen at Wednesday, defensively it was Mick Lyons (I can remember the ball flying past Hodge at the Kop end and Lyons clearing off the line with a diving header, no idea which year or opposition it was though).

Have they ever scored a diving header at international level though, no - but Carlton Palmer has.

The most surprising one ive ever seen has already bern mentioned on here...Colin West at Old Trafford when Eustace was briefly in charge I believe... to make it 1-1....phenomenal...seriously! Cue Owls fans all going mental but all laughing at the same time not quite believing what just happened!!....and im sure crowds weren't what they are now there either...26-28k ish that night!

12 minutes ago, Prendo's boots said:

The most surprising one ive ever seen has already bern mentioned on here...Colin West at Old Trafford when Eustace was briefly in charge I believe... to make it 1-1....phenomenal...seriously! Cue Owls fans all going mental but all laughing at the same time not quite believing what just happened!!....and im sure crowds weren't what they are now there either...26-28k ish that night!

I vaguely remember that Andy. Wasn't there a suspicion he tripped up!