The all time best diving header of a ball is...

39 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Chapman was nicknamed the flying deck chair, watching him flinging his gangly limbs through the air it was easy to see why...oh and stripes added to that effect.

Yes, but when he earned that nickname he was wearing 

The red and white stripes of Sunderland

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

104207950.jpg

LEE CHAPMAN

Sometimes he would dive in for a header when he could have just stuck his leg out ha ha!

Seriously though - he was a dynamic header of the ball

We don't see diving headers anymore but I remember Lee Chapman being the KING of them

What a player

If anyone has any pics of him diving for a header post them. His elegance in mid air is matched only by the great Owen Morrison

Looks like he's up against another Wednesday legend in that pic.

Chapman was the daddy when it came to headed goals though.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

104207950.jpg

LEE CHAPMAN

Sometimes he would dive in for a header when he could have just stuck his leg out ha ha!

Seriously though - he was a dynamic header of the ball

We don't see diving headers anymore but I remember Lee Chapman being the KING of them

What a player

If anyone has any pics of him diving for a header post them. His elegance in mid air is matched only by the great Owen Morrison

Good picture that. Terry Wilson on the right. Scored an own goal at Forest away when Sheridan and King made their debuts. Absolutely threw it down all day, and Sheridan had a blinder, at a ground where Cloughie signed him but hardly played him as he thought he was crap. 

23 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

Frank Stapleton was a great header of the ball, diving or otherwise.

For Wednesday I saw Brian Hornsby score a brilliant bullet diving header at the Kop end, but that's going back a bit. Does anybody remember the game?

Don't remember that game but he shoulda never been left out v arsenal at filbert street

Guest Wonder Spaniel

Chapman could properly head the ball. Slightly off on a tangent, however, whenever I think of diving header I always picture Keith Houchen for Coventry in the Cup Final I'm 87. 

Guest white kanu

I think Shefki Kuqi was the worst header of a ball I've ever seen, eyes shut arms by his side gingerly jumping in the vague direction of the ball.

Chapman was good and brave verging on stupid but I always Garry Thompson was a great header, he seemed to hang in the air. However the daddy of all headers at S6 was Mick Lyons. Nearly burst the bugger when he nutted it.