Tattoo sleeves

Last year I was in an adidas shop and I noticed the lass behind the counter had an unusual tattoo so I asked her the question...why did you get a tattoo?  When you're older surely that won't look the best piece of art in the world?

Her response was 'the technology will be around to have it removed'.

I left thinking why have it in the first place if you think that?

1 hour ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Last year I was in an adidas shop and I noticed the lass behind the counter had an unusual tattoo so I asked her the question...why did you get a tattoo?  When you're older surely that won't look the best piece of art in the world?

She probably gave you a generic answer to cut the conversation short, as she's probably fed up of strangers that know nothing about her, and have no business how she presents herself, being judgmental arseholes.

1 hour ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

do you generally walk around being obnoxious to people? lol

46 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

If you have tattoos, the risk of contracting cancer from the ink injected into your skin is greater than the risk of cancer from smoking.

Thought I'd cheer all the trendy folk up. 

that isn't true, just looked it up

" The introduction in the dermis of exogenous pigments and dyes to obtain a permanent design (tattooing) represents a unique in-vivo situation, where a large amount of metallic salts and organic dyes remain in the skin for the lifetime of the bearer. The potential local and systemic carcinogenic effects of tattoos and tattoo inks remain unclear. Several studies have shed light on the presence of potential carcinogenic or procarcinogenic products in tattoo inks. We extensively reviewed the literature and found 50 cases of skin cancer on tattoos: 23 cases of squamous-cell carcinoma and keratoacanthoma, 16 cases of melanoma, and 11 cases of basal-cell carcinoma. The number of skin cancers arising in tattoos is seemingly low, and this association has to be considered thus far as coincidental. "

The irony in your post there Pompey is quite profound.  Coming to the judgment I was being a judgemental arsehole.  Maybe you're being a judgemental arsehole by judging that I'm a judgmental arsehole.

Ellis, how do you come to the conclusion I was being obnoxious?  I haven't told you the brief conversation beforehand or the conversation afterwards that was perfectly pleasant and normal.

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

that isn't true, just looked it up

" The introduction in the dermis of exogenous pigments and dyes to obtain a permanent design (tattooing) represents a unique in-vivo situation, where a large amount of metallic salts and organic dyes remain in the skin for the lifetime of the bearer. The potential local and systemic carcinogenic effects of tattoos and tattoo inks remain unclear. Several studies have shed light on the presence of potential carcinogenic or procarcinogenic products in tattoo inks. We extensively reviewed the literature and found 50 cases of skin cancer on tattoos: 23 cases of squamous-cell carcinoma and keratoacanthoma, 16 cases of melanoma, and 11 cases of basal-cell carcinoma. The number of skin cancers arising in tattoos is seemingly low, and this association has to be considered thus far as coincidental. "

Another click for my Wikipedia sponsorship arrangement. I make at least £37.00 a year on that :laugh: