Official January Transfer Window Thread

10 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I live in Grimsby, I know people who work at the ground plus all my mates that support them. Not one of them have said Sheffield Wednesday are looking at him.  UTO 

I never said Wednesday was a rumour I said rumour to be cheap. Again I can't quote where I heard this and I may have dreamt it but I have it in my head I've heard the rumoured price was about 1 million I'm sure with that will go up   It if that's correct that's a steel 

29 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

I live in Grimsby, I know people who work at the ground plus all my mates that support them. Not one of them have said Sheffield Wednesday are looking at him.  UTO 

I don't think we are looking at him. But we keep such a tight and careful ship in regards to transfers I don't really trust or think you can ever rule out or rule in anything until it is official anyway. 

14:51

DE SART SET FOR DERBY

Derby County are close to completing a loan deal with Middlesbrough for defensive midfielder Julien de Sart, according to Sky sources.

The Belgium U21 international moved to the Riverside Stadium in August for £2.1m, but has only made one appearance so far.

Derby are negotiating a deal which would see him play for Steve McClaren until the end of the season. 

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm fully aware that it's a somewhat arbitrary rating, because they put statistics into an algorithm and pump out a number, but according to whoscored.com's rating system, Sasso was our second best player vs Wolves.

He had a higher passing completion rate than all our other defenders and won the third highest number of aerial duels of anyone in the squad (Behind Lees and Fletcher). May not have set the world on fire, but for a third/fourth choice CB, that seems OK to me? 

Comparing him to Lees, Sasso had:

-More tackles

-More interceptions

-More clearances

-More accurate passing (both short and long)

What's the problem again? 

This is the problem.

i thought Sasso had a good game and delivered some great last ditch challenges when they ran to our corner. He also did more attacking runs and shots than our Strikers and Midfielders so for a first game back he looked in a good place.

midfielders are struggling.

Jones is weak and no replacement for Hutch

Abdi? Who is he again?

Reach could become good but does a lot of hard work running but then no delivery

Lee box to box running but injured

Bannan out of sorts but i think its down to not clicking with the newbies

Wallace and Mcmanaman will be a healthy relationship

with the bad points in mind we are not delivering enough to our strikers to get goals and win games.

i think things will come good once Hoopers back to match fitness

Maybe playing Fessi on the left when hoopers in and Bench Reach then alternate when its a Fletcher & Hooper on