Official January Transfer Window Thread

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Nugent?

oh yeah thats possible - and we know they LOVE a striker

edit just seen - Derby trying to sign De Sart from Middlesbrough. Loan. But still depends on medical.

Edited by woodys

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

lol

"Quick... say something silly, don't pretend there's even a possibility I was wrong..."

Seems to me if Sasso played poorly, Tom Lees played even worse. Only thing he did better than Sasso was win more headers, which is very important defensively but hardly the be-all and end-all. Methinks the blinkers are on about your favourites while the hypercritical eye is on the newbies. Truth is, the majority of players get no credit after Monday, but it's much easier to criticise someone you already had a marginal disdain for after last season (for whatever reason), than look at things objectively. 

That post sums alot up on here at the moment. 

But hey WAWAW.

That bogel seems like the star buy of this window on paper with Grimsby rumoured to only wanting  a million is his contract up in the summer or something?

i really hope We are in for this guy

evwn if he's not a starter now he would be easy to loan out to a league 1 club possibly someone like Rotherham and you would surely get great sell on value.

my gut feeling is who ever buys him will have an handful of talent on their books for next season and his next move after might be 6 million plus 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

That bogel seems like the star buy of this window on paper with Grimsby rumoured to only wanting  a million is his contract up in the summer or something?

evwn if he's not a starter now he would be easy to loan out to a league 1 club possibly someone like Rotherham and you would surely get great sell on value.

my gut feeling is who ever buys him will have an handful of talent on their books for next season and his next move after might be 6 million plus 

It won't be us.

We don't sign decent lower league talent.

11 minutes ago, fpowl said:

My mates say he's bobbar.  UTO 

7 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

It won't be us.

We don't sign decent lower league talent.

This is most true, I bet we get rumoured but pull out when the bidding gets to 1.5 million either that or we will fire on with a 4.5 million bid and offer 30k a week and play him in the development squad 

5 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

My mates say he's bobbar.  UTO 

He may well be but he's a striker with pace two things we need and at the age of 24 he's has 106 goals in 203 appearances and no matter what level you are playing at or how s£&it you are that is impressive. Plus may I add again he's rumoured to be cheap. 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

He may well be but he's a striker with pace two things we need and at the age of 24 he's has 106 goals in 203 appearances and no matter what level you are playing at or how s£&it you are that is impressive. Plus may I add again he's rumoured to be cheap. 

And where are these rumours coming from?    UTO 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

8 or 9 championship teams said to be interested. I'm sure we will be aware of him but there aren't any solid rumours. 

I live in Grimsby, I know people who work at the ground plus all my mates that support them. Not one of them have said Sheffield Wednesday are looking at him.  UTO