Last few days of the transfer window

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He has been going through a quiet goal scoring spell for a while. 5 in 23 now.

He was razor sharp in pre-season, banging them in. Best player on pitch against Villa. One chance, winning goal. Following his little stunt, he's now squandering one-v-ones with the keeper and shooting tamely at goal. Doesn't mean he's leaving, but he certainly hasn't been the same since. 

31 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He was razor sharp in pre-season, banging them in. Best player on pitch against Villa. One chance, winning goal. Following his little stunt, he's now squandering one-v-ones with the keeper and shooting tamely at goal. Doesn't mean he's leaving, but he certainly hasn't been the same since. 

Its strange isn't it. If he has been effected by that, then it must be the outcome as he did play well in the Villa game, a game in which he'd also asked to be omitted from He perhaps didn't like the resolution, or perhaps it's been the reaction of his team mates. Maybe it's nothing to do with what happened, but he certainly doesn't seem to be his usual self.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Its strange isn't it. If he has been effected by that, then it must be the outcome as he did play well in the Villa game, a game in which he'd also asked to be omitted from He perhaps didn't like the resolution, or perhaps it's been the reaction of his team mates. Maybe it's nothing to do with what happened, but he certainly doesn't seem to be his usual self.

In the form FF was in, he wouldn't waste two 1v1s like he did against Leeds - certainly not the first. Not sure anyone knows where his head's at this minute. If he's still with us on Thursday, hopefully the dust will begin to settle and he'd come back firing after the break. 

15 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

DC, if we are sticking with Carlos now is the time to back him. 

Youve had 20,000 plus commit to season tickets this season, now put your hand in your pocket and splash the cash. 

Its now or never. 

Probably already been said, but DC is aware that we are running close to the wire regarding FFP. 

I doubt we'll sign a big name, if we sign anyone at all, before the end of the window.

37 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

In the form FF was in, he wouldn't waste two 1v1s like he did against Leeds - certainly not the first. Not sure anyone knows where his head's at this minute. If he's still with us on Thursday, hopefully the dust will begin to settle and he'd come back firing after the break. 

Also, its not unheard of for sides to have a good pre season, and then struggle once the season starts. Forestieri isn't showing his pre season form, but then again, neither are the team Both have been a bit rubbish, compared to pre season

3 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

Probably already been said, but DC is aware that we are running close to the wire regarding FFP. 

I doubt we'll sign a big name, if we sign anyone at all, before the end of the window.

That's a smokescreen answer , we can buy and reassess in January or at the end of season and possibly sell to bring us back in under FFP. 

7 minutes ago, Libertine said:

I'm not convinced we've heard the last of the FF saga. Things just don't seem quite right. 

In what way doesnt it seem quite right

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For me, we have a bloated, and somewhat disjointed squad. Not sure we will be able to do too much about that in the few days that remain We seem to have got ourselves into a bit of a mess

hopefully the international break will give cc time to sort out the squad and his best starting 11, we need to come back after the break firing on all cylinders.

I think we need to sign:

Left back,

Centre back, 

Right back,

Direct winger,

Striker

To move on:

Nuhiu / Joao on loan

Sougou / Matias on loan

McGugan

Claude

Some of the youngsters (Stobbs/Hirst/Penney) on loan

I think we'll get:

Left back on loan,

Winger on loan,

Dielna out

Edited by Random Task

Going to be interesting this year with no loan window, especially on the run up to christmas when injuries, suspensions and fatigue are a factor.

In theory, those with larger squads should have an advantage in this period to put points on the board when they can rotate the squad.

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Any transfer talk or rumours regarding us going for players? Fed up of hearing who the rest of the League are signing. Hoping we ship some deadwood out and bring in Reach plus a RB, LB and a striker.

Nothing at all but then I'd say that's actually positive, with our covert loving Chairman doing the business on the QT until they're over the line.