Last few days of the transfer window

If we were going to sell FF it would have been done straight away. 

No way would DC release a statement saying he's staying to then sell him 48 hrs before the window shuts leaving no time to recruit a player any where near his ability. 

Only outgoings I can see are Mcgugan, probably to Forest and with a bit of luck Dielna follows him right at the door too 

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

If we were going to sell FF it would have been done straight away. 

No way would DC release a statement saying he's staying to then sell him 48 hrs before the window shuts leaving no time to recruit a player any where near his ability. 

Only outgoings I can see are Mcgugan, probably to Forest and with a bit of luck Dielna follows him right at the door too 

Nobody is saying apart from the alleged rumour / guess mentioned above by the previous poster, that FF is going anywhere... Most are all agreeing, like I mentioned and others, including yourself now; that DC is not one to be messed with.

However, whilst many of us hope that it doesn't happen, whilst we believe DC to be incredibly forthright in his beliefs where contracts and respect lie etc - let's be honest (Not just with this specific subject matter but any) how do we know that behind the scenes a replacement isn't being monitored and now spoken to. After all, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors of a footy club boardroom and we as fans, are only left with assumptions and shitty rumour sites.

Having said that, isn't Abdi a capable replacement for FF in many ways, IF it turned out to be remotely true and it simply become an untenable relationship between player, management and team mates?

One can NEVER trust a persons word the full 100% in today's society, sad but true.

It would be a PR disaster for DC if Forestieri was sold and could alienate him with a large portion of the fanbase. Not just the Fessi lovers, but also the ones that believe a man's word is his honour. How could we trust anything he says ever again if he went back on something as big as this. For what it's worth I don't think for one minute he will be sold. He would have been gone by now 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Blueblood said:

It would be a PR disaster for DC if Forestieri was sold and could alienate him with a large portion of the fanbase. Not just the Fessi lovers, but also the ones that believe a man's word is his honour. How could we trust anything he says ever again if he went back on something as big as this. For what it's worth I don't think for one minute he will be sold. He would have been gone by now 

I'm sure he'd be forgiven if we got the better end of the deal. 

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Yeah true, but I still think it would affect his popularity 

Do WBA fans love their chairman for refusing to sell Berahino? I don't know if they do or not, but I don't see what anyone gains from the situation. It's about what's best for the club. So long as we keep progressing - with or without FF - that's all I'm bothered about. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Do WBA fans love their chairman for refusing to sell Berahino? I don't know if they do or not, but I don't see what anyone gains from the situation. It's about what's best for the club. So long as we keep progressing - with or without FF - that's all I'm bothered about. 

I think the Berahino situation is different. He's not getting the game time. I'm not sure if that's down to his attitude or wether it's a punishment thing. FF is still making appearances and despite what others think or are peddling, I think the situation has been put to bed. The team put in a better performance and FF played his part in that. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Blueblood said:

I think the Berahino situation is different. He's not getting the game time. I'm not sure if that's down to his attitude or wether it's a punishment thing. FF is still making appearances and despite what others think or are peddling, I think the situation has been put to bed. The team put in a better performance and FF played his part in that. 

..if he can get back in the form he was in. All depends on him and where his heart/head is at. Only he knows. 

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 08:58, Libertine said:
6 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I'm not convinced we've heard the last of the FF saga. Things just don't seem

IF Forestiere does go it certainly won't be in this window as DC knows CC couldn't find a replacement at such short notice. As seen Saturday FF is up for it and he will know ultimately he can attract bigger suitors. Win win for us reckon.

. ..

40 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Not so.

The club would simply reveal enough of the behind the scenes reality to make us say good riddance. 

"No sense in keeping an unhappy player".

"He made his wishes known"

"Irrevocable differences with the management"

If another club asks if they can have him, it's a clear NO.

If FF is asking to leave, it should be off you go.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Not so.

The club would simply reveal enough of the behind the scenes reality to make us say good riddance. 

"No sense in keeping an unhappy player".

"He made his wishes known"

"Irrevocable differences with the management"

If another club asks if they can have him, it's a clear NO.

If FF is asking to leave, it should be off you go.

From what I remember DC definitivly said he won't be going anywhere. Forestieri asking to leave is at this moment a made up situation. I'd like to think DC isn't a man who makes a statement light.  If it turns out he does get sold, I'd consider that DC going back on his word

3 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

From what I remember DC definitivly said he won't be going anywhere. Forestieri asking to leave is at this moment a made up situation. I'd like to think DC isn't a man who makes a statement light.  If it turns out he does get sold, I'd consider that DC going back on his word

Chansiri is not going to intimate that FF is free to go or that the club is prepared to sell him. That would be a stupid move. If an offer came in for FF that met with the club's valuation, I am sure that he would be off regardless of what DC said about not selling players. The key here being on the club's terms. Or to put it another way, either pay the valuation that we want or sod off.

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

FF might be out of form at the moment but I think it's that alone. I expect him to be at the club after the deadline. 

But he wasn't out of form was he? He previously scored 6 in 6 (5 in 5 preseason matches and 1 against villa in the opening league fixture). He was the most in form striker in the land!! Bleedin agent!!!

Edited by swinners
Sp

11 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Chansiri is not going to intimate that FF is free to go or that the club is prepared to sell him. That would be a stupid move. If an offer came in for FF that met with the club's valuation, I am sure that he would be off regardless of what DC said about not selling players. The key here being on the club's terms. Or to put it another way, either pay the valuation that we want or sod off.

Well I'm sorry, but I took it as DC saying he's not for sale, he won't be going anywhere and that's that. After FF's antics I wouldn't have been bothered if he was sold. So if he is, I'll be more bothered thar our owner isn't a man of his word.

5 minutes ago, swinners said:

But he wasn't out of form was he? He previously scored 6 in 6 (5 in 5 preseason matches and 1 against villa in the opening league fixture). He was the most in form striker in the land!! Bleedin agent!!!

Pre-season is pretty worthless though.

He has lost his goal scoring touch. 5 in 23 matches now.

That said, he has played almost every match as a striker, and most of his goals for us come from LW. It seems possible that CC has now switched him there, so hopefully that tap will turn back on again v Wigan and Bristol.