Vincent Sasso signs - OFFICIAL

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Loovens played 27 league matches last season according to my intel. lol

Hutch will not play over 30 matches in a season.  He never has and never will.  If he hadn't had glandular fever he would've played and got injured or suspended.

Well your intel is definitely wrong lol

Soccerway says Loovens played 34 games (34 starts) and was an unused sub in 9 games. Transfermarkt says he played 31 league games and three playoff games = 34 Championship fixtures (although technically not 34 league fixtures). An unused sub for 9 games means he was at least partially fit for 43 games. 43 is much bigger than 30. 

Equally, how can you say what you're saying about Hutch with such certainty? That's supposition... no-one knows if he would have got injured during that time out with glandular fever or not. And again, for what it's worth... 27 league appearances for Hutch, 5 times unused from the bench... that's 32 games he was at least partially fit for. 32 is bigger than 30. And it's already been widely agreed on here that CB will be kinder to him than CM so we'll probably get more games from him already. 

The facts from last season don't support your statement that neither could play 30 games... you're now working on supposition as the facts are both were available for more than 30 games last season (Loovens significantly moreso).

7 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Completely disagree. We have no idea about how many matches Hutch will play this season. The truth is that if anybody in this league has 3 centre backs injured at the same time they are 'absolutely screwed'. If Hutch and Lees do stay fit we have arguably the best central defensive partnership. No point assuming the worst.

That is true.  But we are banking on one centre half that has never managed more than 25 matches in an entire season in their whole career.  And another one that hasn't played 30 matches in a season since 2008.

Therefore, if there is no point in assuming the worst, we should at least be assuming 'the norm'.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That is true.  But we are banking on one centre half that has never managed more than 25 matches in an entire season in their whole career.  And another one that hasn't played 30 matches in a season since 2008.

Therefore, if there is no point in assuming the worst, we should at least be assuming 'the norm'.

Again, he played more than 30 matches last season you fool lol

11 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Loovens played 27 league matches last season according to my intel. lol

Hutch will not play over 30 matches in a season.  He never has and never will.  If he hadn't had glandular fever he would've played and got injured or suspended.

Obviously when I say this there is obviously a chance they could, we are guessing.  However Hutch has never played more than 25 matches in a season, and Loovens hasn't managed over 30 matches since 2008.

Therefore, I am pretty sure it is I that is making the calculated guess.

And we certainly shouldn't be banking our promotion chances on the two of them bucking this trend.

Mark my words, if we don't sign another centre half this will bite us on the bum.

What's this weeks lottery numbers please? 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Again, he played more than 30 matches last season you fool lol

Ok then, he played over 30 league matches for the first time since 2008 last season by 2 matches.

And surprise surprise he has missed the first three matches through injury.

You obviously think we are strong at centre half, I think that with the centre halves we have improving on 6th is unlikely.

Time will tell.