Vincent Sasso signs - OFFICIAL

Make no mistake Sasso is a good player and I for one am pleased he is signing permenantly. We need him !! Hutchinson and Loovens are injury prone, lets face the truth. Sasso may not be the 6'3" C/H ideal, but he is good in the air and very good when playing on the deck. He is a better footballer than Loovens, who frightens me to death when he has the ball at his feet. IMO, Loovens  does not have either the speed or passing ability of Sasso. Sasso fits our style of play too. Don't get me wrong , Loovens has his strengths, but he also has a good few weaknesses.

We do need and URGENTLY, another good quality C/B, with height and football abily. It won't be cheap, but its imperitive if we are to have the season we all want.

Everybody is absolutely kidding themselves.

If we end up with four centre halves of Lees, Hutch, Loovens and Sasso (with no loan window available) it will end up being a major weakness in the squad.  The real concern being that the other weak areas look like being right back and left back.

There is no way Hutch or Loovens will play over 30 matches.  If Lees gets a long injury we are absolutely screwed. 

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If we end up with four centre halves of Lees, Hutch, Loovens and Sasso (with no loan window available) it will end up being a major weakness in the squad.  The real concern being that the other weak areas look like being right back and left back.

There is no way Hutch or Loovens will play over 30 matches.  If Lees gets a long injury we are absolutely screwed. 

Hutch only missed five games due to injury last season. Yes, you read that right. Ignoring his glandular fever, which is an illness that could happen to anyone, he was only injured for about five games

Loovens managed 34 league games last season. 

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Completely disagree. We have no idea about how many matches Hutch will play this season. The truth is that if anybody in this league has 3 centre backs injured at the same time they are 'absolutely screwed'. If Hutch and Lees do stay fit we have arguably the best central defensive partnership. No point assuming the worst.

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Ok lets sign another 6 centre backs, what if what if what if...

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hutch only missed five games due to injury last season. Yes, you read that right. Ignoring his glandular fever, which is an illness that could happen to anyone, he was only injured for about five games

Loovens managed 34 league games last season. 

Loovens played 27 league matches last season according to my intel. lol

Hutch will not play over 30 matches in a season.  He never has and never will.  If he hadn't had glandular fever he would've played and got injured or suspended.

Obviously when I say this there is obviously a chance they could, we are guessing.  However Hutch has never played more than 25 matches in a season, and Loovens hasn't managed over 30 matches since 2008.

Therefore, I am pretty sure it is I that is making the calculated guess.

And we certainly shouldn't be banking our promotion chances on the two of them bucking this trend.

Mark my words, if we don't sign another centre half this will bite us on the bum.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Hilarious how people are saying 'defensive weakness ' with the same 4 C/H who equalled the club record clean sheets last season. 

We've had 2 clean sheets this, and yes a mess up against Burton where a lack of cover was exposed. 

Lees is the lynchpin of that defence.  Hunt, Palmer, Hutch will always play better with him in the back 4. 

Lees and Hutch/Sasso are the best blend for games where we are playing footballing sides. Lees/ Loovens for those with more aerial / physical approach. 

Loovens is insane in air. Lots of clubs would lose stability if they lost their key CH.  Look at Brighton at Hillsborough without Dunk vs Amex, with. 

Let's hope Tuesday was a blip and with Jones + Sasso and a fit again Lees and Loovens we won't be bullied as we were other neet.