Vincent Sasso signs - OFFICIAL

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Plenty of attributes and time on his side.

Could develop into a good player, but not sure he's ready for an extended spell in the side, so we're going to have to be fortunate with the fitness of the others if this is in the end of the recruitment in central defence.

No loans until January, and Hutch, Lees and Loovens have all had niggles since pre season.

Was as just thinking this. He does like to get stuck in, if he's here long enough he could simply bulk up like tom lees did. 

Given that Loovens and Hutchinson are both prone to absence because of injuries and add a Hutch suspension somewhere along the line during the season, then you can only really classify them as "one " centre half between them. So including Lees and Sasso, we will still really effectively only have the equivilent of 3 C/H's on our books. We have got to invest in buying a v good younger c/h, who is not injury prone and is a commanding figure, hopefully 6'3 plus in height. It won't be cheap, but cheaper than missing out on promotion this year. Of all the positions we need strengthening, C/H is THE most important imo

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

And you think they'll remain fit throughout? This isn't the first time we've had multiple injuries in the same position. Sasso would be needed. Is he as good? No. 

When does it stop though, shall we go and sign another 3/4 million rated striker in case Hooper, Fletcher and Forestieri get knocks.

No we have Nuhiu and Joao, players who aren't quite at the same level.

No squad is built like you suggest, the best squads in the world will have squad players.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Turner wasn't very good, and never looked fit. Neither of them are good enough to play regularly

Turner came in to be first choice, he was meant to be the big dominant CB, it didn't work, he was too slow and not good enough on the ball.

Our set up means the 2 CBs see quite a lot of the ball, therefore both our CBs need to be able to play.

I imagine thats more of a priority than a unit who can't run or pass.

I also believe Hutch, Lees and Loovens handle themselves pretty well in the air.

We didnt need a total squad overhaul. It needed a couple of tweeks in key positions. The defence for me was fine last season. We've added Abdi and Fletcher in those key positions and I'm sure we will bring in a winger that's better than we've already got to go straight into the team. Who else has out of our supposed rivals have added to their squad significantly enough to make the next step to top 2?

30 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Saying that Abdi and Fletcher are the only improvements just shows your ignorance of anything rational that contradicts a desire to have a right good fückin moan. 

So, of the rest, which are the improvements on last season?

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

We didnt need a total squad overhaul. It needed a couple of tweeks in key positions. The defence for me was fine last season. We've added Abdi and Fletcher in those key positions and I'm sure we will bring in a winger that's better than we've already got to go straight into the team. Who else has out of our supposed rivals have added to their squad significantly enough to make the next step to top 2?

Newcastle, and Villa possibly.

31 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Agreed, but we probably needed four players who could actually improve our starting eleven. Fletcher and Abdi do that, the rest just consolidate what we had last season. That in itself is good, I'm just saying it isn't enough, and results would seem to back that up