Cambridge United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Cambridge United 2-1 Wednesday (Joao 52).

Possession: 46-54

Shots on target: 5-3

Shots off target: 6-16

Corners: 11-13

Fouls: 4-12

Yellow cards: 1-1

Red cards: 0-0

Wildsmith, Palmer, Vermijl, O'Grady, Helan, Buckley, Semedo, Wallace (Murphy 86), Sougou (Hooper 46), Nuhiu, Joao (Hirst 92). 

Subs not used: Kean, Clare, Stobbs, Thorniley. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Unlucky Cambridge United.

That's second time we've been knocked out of a cup competition by a Lower League side. 

Disappointing. 

Well done Wednesday?

well done Dave, cost us a easy win in 90 mins, but happy we're out and happy fringe players have shown how useful they aren't

A rare but big mistake from Carlos with the substitutes tonight. 

I know it's only Cambridge but why did we put kids on, the same lot that have never played in a competitive fixture at this level? 

As for Palmer.... The less said, the better I think.

4 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Cambridge United 2-1 Wednesday (Joao 52).

Possession: 46-54

Shots on target: 5-3

Shots off target: 6-16

Corners: 11-13

Fouls: 4-12

Yellow cards: 1-1

Red cards: 0-0

Wildsmith, Palmer, Vermijl, O'Grady, Helan, Buckley, Semedo, Wallace (Murphy 86), Sougou (Hooper 46), Nuhiu, Joao (Hirst 92). 

Subs not used: Kean, Clare, Stobbs, Thorniley. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Unlucky Cambridge United.

That's second time we've been knocked out of a cup competition by a Lower League side. 

Disappointing. 

Well done Wednesday?

well done Dave, cost us a easy win in 90 mins, but happy we're out and happy fringe players have shown how useful they aren't

I've never slagged Nuhiu off because he's a Wednesday player and it would have been wrong .......BUT....... as much as he loves the club and the players seem to love him, the bare naked truth is, he is just nowhere near the standard we need for a promotion push. I really hope nobody from The Netherlands was watching tonight.

It's those fans who travelled down and spent their money to watch that tonight I feel sorry for. Maybe Carlos wasn't going to take it serious, or that it doesn't matter because we can concentrate on the league but I'm sorry that's a very annoying and poor result. Plenty of chances to kill the game off and it seems like many times in the past our inability to finish the job has come back to haunt us.