Cambridge United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

This is a blow for the squad depth, as how are we going to keep Joao, Matias, Nuhiu, Semedo etc match fit for when we need them?

It's alright saying it doesn't matter but it does when we get an injury and their replacements look off the boil due to a lack of game time.

The team looked fine to me apart from the very young defence. But we don't have many other options back there right now.

You can't just say we should have won that. By throwing that 11 together that aren't used to playing together is tough. That was probably more like a pre season friendly line up. It's unfortunate because that competition is the best chance some of those players have of game time this season. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Poor result whatever the sentiments about too many games. Imo we needed cup games to keep ALL the squad happy and whilst a lot of SWFC fans aren't too bothered I think for sure that one DC will not be happy at all having invested squillions, and also given Carlos's body language on the touch line he defo wanted to win so should have planned to do so without playing such a modest squad. 

Not sure this result whatever team we've picked send us to the canaries with the best level of momentum.

Lets hope it comes to mean nowt.

10 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I'd given that some thought myself but dare not mention it in case I got the wee wee ripped out of me  :manager:

He would probably be quite decent. Gets his head to most balls just doesn't know where it's going, and he can tackle and has strength.

3 minutes ago, marshy said:

We had enough to win this and still lost it. On a positive note, no one injured, and Carlos gets more than an excuse to knocking on DC's door tomorrow morning asking for some more cash to strengthen the side.

Knocking several hundred grand off the seasons income may not be the best starting point in asking for a bit of a spending spree. Know what you're saying though.