Lee back to RB

Don't assume he'll be dropped (if any of them will be). 

He just signed a two year deal and made the most appearances out of anyone last season. 

Lee is a class act. 

Then you lose his box to box running and his defensive work from midfield, that's the problem. Can't claim to know too much about Abdi, but he doesn't immediately strike me as someone who'd be comfortable in a midfield two, with Bannan

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If there's one thing to be said about Kieran Lee it is that you never write him off. 

Time and time again he confounds his critics. 

He's a class act. 

The fact he has ANY critics is mental

people on here are always so keen to drop him, move him, replace him etc 

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Playing Lee at right back would be like playing Xavi at right back.

No it wouldn't, Lee has played most of his career at right back

Fact is with Hooper, Fletcher, Wallace, Forestieri, Bannan, Abdi, Lee, Matias a couple of quality players are going to have to spend some time on the bench unless they can be moved elsewhere. Lee already has another position he is fully competent at. No brainer. If Abdi is as good as they say he is, then he will be taking the centre with one other player. If it's Lee you have to have Bannan on the bench which is a waste or on the left which is a waste. 

Guest wilyfox

Moving Lee into central midfield was one of the smartest things Stuart Gray did during his time here. Playing him at RB would be a backwards step. Lee said himself, he started life at Man Utd as a midfielder. Dickov converting him to RB was probably a mistake rather than stroke of genius. 

Lee's strengths are his movement off the ball, both going forward and back, his reading of the game and his ability to cover holes whenever other players go missing. He also intercepts balls rather than makes loads of tackles.

He is a runner, but not the strong running type needed at full back and he ain't a good crosser of the ball.

He will continue to play in the centre midfield . For 10 mins in a game keep one eye on the match but one on Lee. His running and anticipation is amazing. It is like having two players out there.

He only played a few games at this level at full back and he never particularly stood out there. He's a midfielder now and it suits his game perfectly, I dont really think he'd be an improvement over hunt who for all his critics for me improved his game at the back end of last season in the big games.

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How would you fit them in?

There are any number of formations available and suggested elsewhere on the forum that include Bannan, Lee and Abdi in central positions. Your suggestion to move Lee to RB - which for me would be an unnecessary and regressive waste of talent - only becomes necessary if you think we're definitely going to be play 4-4-2. I absolutely don't think we are going to.

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

There are any number of formations available and suggested elsewhere on the forum that include Bannan, Lee and Abdi in central positions. Your suggestion to move Lee to RB - which for me would be an unnecessary and regressive waste of talent - only becomes necessary if you think we're definitely going to be play 4-4-2. I absolutely don't think we are going to.

Agree with this as well, for games away from home and at home against the top teams I think its fairly likely we'll see bannan lee and abdi starting.