Lee back to RB

Lee is a big part of our midfield, CC really rates him which is why he was ever present last season.

It will be interesting to see if we go to 4-2-3-1 with Abdi behind the main ST and FF out wide. That would mean lots of competition for Fletcher, Hooper, Joao.

I'd prefer we stick with 2 main strikers which worked so well last year and isn't actually so common nowadays. I'm sure Abdi's been brought to play central, so will be interesting if CC thinks he has enough defensively to play in a 2.

Looks like we won't be using a DMF much this year, I wonder if Hutch could be used at CB this season.

On 31/07/2016 at 11:14, sheffield_dave said:

Someone only has to make way if you're absolutely locked into the idea that we'll play 4-4-2.

Correct. I see a different formation being used this season after the Adbi signing. 

Lee, Bannan. Fessi and Abdi would walk into any team  in the championship . There is no way CC is going to any of them out. 

We know what to expect from Dave - as such I don't think he will feature much this season.

Joao and Matias are still unproven, however both need a good season or else I expect them to be gone at the end of it.  Granted Matias had injury issues but more will be expected irrespective of this.

Expectations are much higher after last season and they have to step up.  Matias probably has the ability to do well at this level and Joao needs to knuckle down, man up and basically prove himself if he is to potentially go on to bigger and better things..

We have an ambitious chairman who is backing the manager..bottom line, we cannot afford to have any passengers now so neither will be given the slack they had last term.

Doubt Lee will be played at RB - he is a key midfielder and it will be up to CC to decide how/when he features in this area.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Correct. I see a different formation being used this season after the Adbi signing. 

Lee, Bannan. Fessi and Abdi would walk into any team  in the championship . There is no way CC is going to any of them out. 

That's why it looks like 4-2-3-1 could be preferred, coaches from Europe often favour that and I think that's what Carlos originally hoped to play last season.

If that's the case Abdi will have a huge role to play as our likely AMF (and I think he'll do great), and there will be lots of competition up front. Can't imagine Abdi's been signed to play wide, he said himself his reason for leaving was that he wasn't going to be playing central this season. 

Otherwise it will be an interesting rotation of the CMFs, or Bannan playing wide? Lots of possibilities lol