Lee back to RB

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Don't assume he'll be dropped (if any of them will be). 

He just signed a two year deal and made the most appearances out of anyone last season. 

Lee is a class act. 

The amount of times Lee raises the bar is impressive. But as we get stronger RB is what he was signed as and it is an option at least.

7 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

The amount of times Lee raises the bar is impressive. But as we get stronger RB is what he was signed as and it is an option at least.

Exactly, been negged 11 times for suggesting we play him in his original position, Owlstalk lol 

In my opinion Lee is a better Center Mid than Right Back. He's the first name on the team sheet for me. 

Now whilst he may not be the glory man or shining star the fact he played more games and minutes last season and got better the more he played and the more he played in a better team with better players, shows that CC rates him. 

A midfield 4 of AA BB KL and FF are very interchangeable with both FF and AA able to play high up behind strikers, KL and AA able to play central and right, FF and BB central and left. 

Id expect them to move freely and narrowly with full backs providing width. The opposition be mystified who to mark and those players all have ability to move, pass, track back and hunt in packs. 

Leaving crazy options still to choose from with Melo (size and bite), MM (left, right or behind strikers) Wallace (left or right). 

Very exciting options! But I don't see KL or BB missing many games this season nor either of two strikers. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

In my opinion Lee is a better Center Mid than Right Back. He's the first name on the team sheet for me. 

Now whilst he may not be the glory man or shining star the fact he played more games and minutes last season and got better the more he played and the more he played in a better team with better players, shows that CC rates him. 

A midfield 4 of AA BB KL and FF are very interchangeable with both FF and AA able to play high up behind strikers, KL and AA able to play central and right, FF and BB central and left. 

Id expect them to move freely and narrowly with full backs providing width. The opposition be mystified who to mark and those players all have ability to move, pass, track back and hunt in packs. 

Leaving crazy options still to choose from with Melo (size and bite), MM (left, right or behind strikers) Wallace (left or right). 

Very exciting options! But I don't see KL or BB missing many games this season nor either of two strikers. 

you think Lee is a better player for us than Forestieri? 

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

you think Lee is a better player for us than Forestieri? 

More important to the team yes, less important as player vs player but if the Euros, Leicester have fought me nothing it's that stars do not automatically win matches, guile, hard work and commitment however.... 

Just now, Philb125 said:

More important to the team yes, less important as player vs player but if the Euros, Leicester have fought me nothing it's that stars do not automatically win matches, guile, hard work and commitment however.... 

I thought we started playing much better after we got Forestieri last season. So if Newcastle offered 15m for either Lee or Forestieri, you'd sell them FF?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I thought we started playing much better after we got Forestieri last season. So if Newcastle offered 15m for either Lee or Forestieri, you'd sell them FF?

When did it become a him vs him competition? 

For me lee is pivotal to how we play, FF also very important but plays different role further forward and to the left..... 

What FF does costs more money. That's why typically forwards cost more than midfielders than defenders. 

Just an because they cost more though doesn't mean that to the team, and making a complete unit they are of more value. Just that what they do has a higher market value. For example and to push it to an extreme we'd miss a goalie more than a striker but the striker likely cost more money. 

Anyhow.... Back on track, for me Lee is getting better and better - it surprised me and I imagine many of the coaching staff too, but as a box to box player he's top draw and will get better the more he plays. But he can't play behind the strikers any more than FF could as a box to box midfielder.... 

We play high tempo, pressing football that requires high energy in the middle him and ban an give us that. If you remove the energy you leave your self exposed like when LM players there. 

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

When did it become a him vs him competition? 

For me lee is pivotal to how we play, FF also very important but plays different role further forward and to the left..... 

What FF does costs more money. That's why typically forwards cost more than midfielders than defenders. 

Just an because they cost more though doesn't mean that to the team, and making a complete unit they are of more value. Just that what they do has a higher market value. For example and to push it to an extreme we'd miss a goalie more than a striker but the striker likely cost more money. 

Anyhow.... Back on track, for me Lee is getting better and better - it surprised me and I imagine many of the coaching staff too, but as a box to box player he's top draw and will get better the more he plays. But he can't play behind the strikers any more than FF could as a box to box midfielder.... 

We play high tempo, pressing football that requires high energy in the middle him and ban an give us that. If you remove the energy you leave your self exposed like when LM players there. 

so if one were to get injured for the full season, you'd pick FF?

Given the form of Matias and the purchase of Abdi, without sufficient like for like cover of Lee probably yea. 

But im not saying Lee is a better player, just that he is more important member of the unit as a whole right now. 

We have players who can do the job that FF does (albeit not as well) I don't know who would replace Lee - nor does Carlos going by the fact he played more games and more minutes.... 

Just out of interest, once you've moved Lee back to full back. Who makes up your midfield? 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Given the form of Matias and the purchase of Abdi, without sufficient like for like cover of Lee probably yea. 

But im not saying Lee is a better player, just that he is more important member of the unit as a whole right now. 

We have players who can do the job that FF does (albeit not as well) I don't know who would replace Lee - nor does Carlos going by the fact he played more games and more minutes.... 

Just out of interest, once you've moved Lee back to full back. Who makes up your midfield? 

You are definitely saying Lee is a better player than FF

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

He's a good rb but he'd be completely wasted there.

I bet Oldham are gutted they never played him in midfield 

I'm fairly certain we did more by accident and necessity. Wasn't he playing wide right as we were lacking there and then we had no CM's leading to us pairing him and an unplayed and unwanted coke - the rest is history. 

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

In the first few Matches I think we will see that the only question marks are Lee, Wallace and  Bannan. One of them will miss out. I agree with you it is likely to be the Wallace.

Amazed at those wanting Hooper out.

Doubly amazed at those wanting an unproven Matias in.

I wouldn't say Matias is unproven

3 hours ago, sage owl said:

Imo we need a better right back if that happens to be Kieran Lee and we have adequate replacements in midfield what's the problem ?.

The problem is that Lew isn't a fullback.  

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Hunt is better right back than Lee would be

Exactly this.  The last time Lee played right back it was patently obvious that he was not suited to that position. I don't believe some of the things stated on here at times; some OwlsTalkers either don't go, sleep at matches or have their eyes painted on. 

Kieran Lee is the best player at the club for me. 

Obviously every player brings different things but pound for pound he's the best for me. Tom lees, ff and bannan after that. 

Not seen abdi yet.  

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I'm fairly certain we did more by accident and necessity. Wasn't he playing wide right as we were lacking there and then we had no CM's leading to us pairing him and an unplayed and unwanted coke - the rest is history. 

Started off at rb as DJ didn't even trust to play him there, then he moved wide right from the bench. Then it was in the hull game away on sky that he played in a 5 man midfield and showed some great footwork and composure.

Im guessing DJ never watched training but he did sign some useful players