Overrated/underrated teams?

I think both Brentford and QPR will have better seasons than last. Never underestimate a Dingle Mick side particularly at this level. Rowett's overachieved massively at Birmingham the last two years, unless he significantly strengthens, I can see them dropping off the pace hence why they are the long shots that they are?

Personally I think Norwich and Newcastle, top 2 with Derby promoted via the play-offs. 

I think Burton will go down. Not too sure about the other 2 to go down. You'd expect Barnsley and Rotherham to struggle but I wouldn't be surprised to see them stay up. I think Blackburn and Fulham have lost/maybe lose key players and will struggle as a result. I could also see a struggle for Forest if their new manager doesn't get to grips with the championship quick enough.

3 that came down always gonna be near favourites for top 6.

bristol have strengthened. 

Mega rich wolves supposedly spending big but not much time left and have to gel. 

Millers released their squad numbers today n looking at their team have to be down there. 

Happy where we are. Keep under radar a bit but think we are very strong unit. 

Fully fit I think we can beat any champ team. 

Cant wait for season to start. Let's have it!!!!

As someone who's housemate is a Wolves fan, I can tell you their price is far too high.

She finds it laughable they're that overrated, a very poor team that has yet to improve and will almost certainly have too many new faces too quickly to do much this season

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:
7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Personally I think Norwich and Newcastle, top 2 with Derby promoted via the play-offs. 

So you either rate us no better than last year or the league is much harder?

Not got much to look forward to then

33 minutes ago, George said:

I think Villa a massively overrated but lets see if I still think that in ten days time.

Bristol City look good value on that list given their spending.

Be a very good indicator of both sides strengths, if we get say get three past Villa, their fans will go into meltdown and realise its not going to be a picnic in this league.  I'd probably accept not to lose this game at the moment, like to see the defence bolstered with some quality. 

18 minutes ago, sagoth66 said:

So you either rate us no better than last year or the league is much harder?

Not got much to look forward to then

The league's harder, no doubt about that. Two of the teams to go up last year were relegated from the prem, so I think you've always got to fancy those teams to do well and Norwich and Newcastle are better teams IMO than Burnley and Hull. 

I think Pearson will give Derby an harder edge than they've had before. As for us I posted a couple of weeks ago I think we'd finish 8th, with the signing of Abdi we could finish in the play-offs again. I think strength in depth is a problem for us. We lose the likes of Forrestieri, Bannan, Loovens, Lees, Hutchinson and Lee for long periods then we've got a problem. That said there's still time for this to be rectified.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

At the start of every season I ask myself if we are a better side than last year. I would definitely say we are so despite the prospective quality in the league this year often relegated teams struggle and so I would put us in the mix for top six if not automatic.

Newcastle will go up I think, obvious favourites and Ritchie/Gayle etc are shrewd signings.

Villa though? They were just so so shockingly bad last season I don't see how they can come back in one season.  Norwich too, don't score enough goals and have lost Redmond.

Rarely do all 3 teams go straight back up (think its only happened once this century) so I think Newcastle and one of us/Derby/Wolves in 2nd - play offs could be anyone. 

Barnsley will surprise a few teams this season. They play good football and have recruited wisely. Think Villa will depend on the start that they get, if they start bad, the bad feeling will carry on. Newcastle should be favourites along with Norwich. Wouldn't surprise me if Brighton fell a little from last season, not far but I think they outperformed themselves a little. 

34 minutes ago, steveger said:

Leeds will be up there or about this season, no one realises they are the most massivenest and biggest club in the universe with billions upon billions of fans and that Man Ure are only hiring Jose and spending money to make sure they can compete with fierce rivals Leeds.....

:columbo: