Home shirt poll

3 minutes ago, s110wl said:

... People who don't like shirt ask for poll to convince everyone that their opinion is the majority position re. new shirt

... Poll is undertaken. Results show;

A). On first viewing, slightly more people hated it than loved it

B). However, more people now actually love it than hate it; and significantly more people are happy to have it for a year than unhappy.

...people who don't like it then dismiss results of the poll/deliberately mis-interpret them to continue to advance their own agenda. 

*sigh*

PLEASE LET THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL COMMENCE

75% don't want it for more than a year.

Our beloved leader hates stripes.

Let's see how it pans out. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

75% don't want it for more than a year.

Our beloved leader hates stripes.

Let's see how it pans out. 

Fair enough. 

Ps. I will also be annoyed if we don't revert to stripes next year. But, it isn't a reason to try and hound out a man who is trying to turn our football club around! 

Please God let this be the last thing said on here about the shirt until the next one is released then!! 

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 12:20, sjaowl said:

I am not buying my nephew one this year. It's crap. He supports The Wednesday not Ipswich. He'll get a beach towel if they ever get in the shop. Then he can still be a proud Owl. 

I seem to remember the shirt in the sixties that was blue with white sleeves was the same as that of  Ipswich at the time No fuss about it in those days.

Edited by deka51
missed a word out

41 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Fair enough. 

Ps. I will also be annoyed if we don't revert to stripes next year. But, it isn't a reason to try and hound out a man who is trying to turn our football club around! 

Please God let this be the last thing said on here about the shirt until the next one is released then!! 

Hound out? Complaining on here is hounding out? Crikey. I'm afraid the shirt complaints will continue as long as this Ipswich kit does. Chin up I'm sure the threads will be avoidable. 

Can we have an Arnold Muhren emoji? 

2 minutes ago, deka51 said:

I seem to remember the shirt in the sixties that was blue with white sleeves was the same as that of  Ipswich at the time No fuss about it in those days.

me too and i'd prefer an homage back to that shirt more than this one. ;) 

2 minutes ago, deka51 said:

I remember the happiness when it was scrapped though. 

Got to admire the stamina of the Propaganda Ministers. Seriously, give it up.

It's a pants kit. We know it, you know it, Leicester and Ipswich fans know it.

It will be scrapped next season, and the parents ripped off this season will be asked to shell out again.

15 hours ago, s110wl said:

... People who don't like shirt ask for poll to convince everyone that their opinion is the majority position re. new shirt

... Poll is undertaken. Results show;

A). On first viewing, slightly more people hated it than loved it

B). However, more people now actually love it than hate it; and significantly more people are happy to have it for a year than unhappy.

...people who don't like it then dismiss results of the poll/deliberately mis-interpret them to continue to advance their own agenda. 

*sigh*

PLEASE LET THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL COMMENCE

do you think if he'd had stuck with a traditional style kit that 50% ish of our fans would have hated,disliked  it ....why why why put out a kit thats going to wazz off so many fans just because the owner doesnt like stripes .....ive never seen a thread on here ever that said " lets dump our blue and white stripes ".

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

do you think if he'd had stuck with a traditional style kit that 50% ish of our fans would have hated,disliked  it ....why why why put out a kit thats going to wazz off so many fans just because the owner doesnt like stripes .....ive never seen a thread on here ever that said " lets dump our blue and white stripes ".

Agree that it wasn't the best move. I'm just asking for a bit of calm and perspective. Can we now all please move on...

14 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Got to admire the stamina of the Propaganda Ministers. Seriously, give it up.

It's a pants kit. We know it, you know it, Leicester and Ipswich fans know it.

It will be scrapped next season, and the parents ripped off this season will be asked to shell out again.

You've got love it when no one else is entitled to an opinion lol

8 minutes ago, s110wl said:

Agree that it wasn't the best move. I'm just asking for a bit of calm and perspective. Can we now all please move on...

you keep calm mate ....but from my perspective i'm still bloody seething .

It's been mentioned that Mr Chansiri isn't a fan of our traditional stripes. He's a bigger fan of money though, specifically through the sale of official merchandise, tickets and so on.

It's simple really, if the kit doesn't sell compared with previous seasons he'll go back to the stripes.

With that in mind I would urge any fan who wants to keep the stripes to think long and hard about spending a single penny on this abberation for either themselves or their kids.

Cos this isn't a Wednesday kit and never will be.

The poll is a little misleading.

I think the Unhappy/ hate it ones should be combined.

But whatever, my interpretation of the poll is that 4 out of 5 fans are either unhappy or will put up with it if it's only for a year.

Hardly the positive reaction required to make them sell like hot cakes.

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

But whatever, my interpretation of the poll is that 4 out of 5 fans are either unhappy or will put up with it if it's only for a year.

I know people who say they are not that keen on the home shirt but still brought one at £55 as they have always brought one.

I cant imagine any other business apart from football where something like that would happen, only perhaps teenage girls and boy bands.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

That's how I'd interpret it as well. I only hope that fellow fans don't blindly buy it. I've refused to buy it for both of mine, they're having the 3rd kit instead.

After our most successful season in 16 years, we could have stuck a Wednesday badge on a black bin bag and it would have sold like hot cakes

I've spoken to a few Blunts, they had a similar thing last season, their white shirt with red pin stripes sold very well, most Blunts loved it, but ask the same Blunts now, and all of them couldn't wait to get their stripes back

Like I've said often, and I'll keep on saying, it's a nice shirt for someone else, not for us. I've still got a few old Wednesday shirts, I will wear those to the games, I might even order myself a Bukta.

Get ready for next season's Reading shirt.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

25 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

After our most successful season in 16 years, we could have stuck a Wednesday badge on a black bin bag and it would have sold like hot cakes

I've spoken to a few Blunts, they had a similar thing last season, their white shirt with red pin stripes sold very well, most Blunts loved it, but ask the same Blunts now, and all of them couldn't wait to get their stripes back

Like I've said often, and I'll keep on saying, it's a nice shirt for someone else, not for us. I've still got a few old Wednesday shirts, I will wear those to the games, I might even order myself a Bukta.

Get ready for next season's Reading shirt.

I ordered one from Toffs. Sadly out of stock so have to wait 4 weeks for it.

Edited by rickygoo