Home shirt poll

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

But now :-   32% negative

63% positive            WTF:

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

All interpretation. You could read it that 70+% will want a return to stripes next season. 

:stuwinky:

Of course. Must be plenty of supporters like me. I really like the shirt (might even buy one!).

But would I vote for a return to traditional stripes for next season?

OF COURSE I WOULD !!!!!

I read it as 27% like it or don't feel strongly about it either way with 73% comfortable with it for one season but must return to stripes next year.

Too late to change the kit this season but I think the message to the Chairman is completely clear.

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

I read it as 27% like it or don't feel strongly about it either way with 73% comfortable with it for one season but must return to stripes next year.

Too late to change the kit this season but I think the message to the Chairman is completely clear.

Before reading this, please remember I am a pro-striper!!!! Playing Devils Advocate!! 

Based on the nature of the poll your assessment of the data is reasonable up to a point, that point being where you state - "but must return to stripes next year." there was no mention of stripes anywhere in the poll so you can't really say that.

Unfortunately the poll was so generic it could have been applied to any kit we've ever had, it didn't specifically address the issue of our kits having to have stripes in future.

I thought more would have voted, I know it's not been online 24hrs yet, yes I realise it's limited to our little online community, however only just over 500 voters. Does that mean that thousands more are so indifferent they don't care enough to vote either way? or does it just mean they have much more interesting lives than us.....maybe the later. lol

I understand it's only a snapshot and even less accurate as an election poll where 1000 is usually the sample.

Equally, I understand the poll does not mention stripes but folk can reasonably deduce the statement it's ok as a one off as being a return to the kit we all know and love.

+1 from me.

To all those saying that the poll was inadequate as it doesn't address the issue of stripes.

Doesn't that go without saying?

You'd have to be a martian to understand why we need the poll in the first place.  Or why people may be ok with it, but only for a year.

What else is there to object to - the new font for the name and number?

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

3 minutes ago, Neal M said:

To all those saying that the poll was inadequate as it doesn't address the issue of stripes.

Doesn't that go without saying?

You'd have to be a martian to understand why we need the poll in the first place.  Or why people may be ok with it, but only for a year.

What else is there to object to - the new font for the name and number?

How can it truly address the issue of stripes when - 

A. The poll makes no mention of stripes, and

B. The kit actually has stripes.

If you put the new kit in front of a thousand people I bet you all of them would say it has stripes, because it clearly does. On that basis you could read anything in to the poll. For most people the really contentious point is, should a Wednesday home shirt always have our traditional broad stripes in some form, that has been the really divisive issue as I see it.

There are many reasons someone may like or dislike the kit, I actually voted "ok as a one off" not because of the design but the shade of blue which I actually find more distracting than the lack of broad stripes, pin-stripes wouldn't ever be my first choice but they don't offend me too much I can't live with them.

I wasn't having a dig at the poll, just making the point that people can and will see the results as ambiguous from whichever side of the argument they sit.  

1 minute ago, darklord said:

I wonder how many that like the shirt would feel the same if that was the permanent one  for years to come?  I get the impression for some is nice or acceptable as a one off but what if it was  for the foreseeable future?  

75% say no.

59 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Combination of hate unhappy and ok for 1 year. The question was acceptable for the foreseeable future? 

I chose not to answer darklords question because it related to a circumstance that could and would never arise, no shirt lasts more than one season these days.

Also, I don't feel we can take the results of a poll and then apply a new question to them retrospectively, it doesn't work that way.

You've included me in your 75% "no", as far as I was aware I didn't say no to anything. I would prefer stripes, can live with pin-stripes and voted "ok as a one off" because I don't like the colour shade, hence my previous points about the ambiguity of the poll.

Ultimately you and I would both prefer broad stripes, we want the same thing. I'd just like to see a more scientific method of establishing what others actually think.

Edited by Morepork

I'm a little bit disappointed that the back of our new shirt is just plain blue, Surely Sondico the Hedgehog have knitting machines that can do the pinstripes on the back?

Anyway. it doesn't really matter. It's just helps the players to recognise and pass to each other and not the bloke in a Norwich away shirt with all flowers on.

19 hours ago, sjaowl said:

I am not buying my nephew one this year. It's crap. He supports The Wednesday not Ipswich. He'll get a beach towel if they ever get in the shop. Then he can still be a proud Owl. 

Well, I prefer a traditional look, most definitely. Broad stripes always mean Wednesday to me but - I'm sure hundreds have pointed this out - we had the same shirt (near as damn it) in the early sixties. It didn't last long, though! Look at the "historical Wednesday kit" website to check the 62-63 kit. (We weren't wearing it by the time Easter came round. One little boy of that era, at his first glorious Hillsborough visit, could tell you that.)

I voted "unhappy but could stand it for a year".

Edited by VictoryBell
Additional boring info

1 hour ago, VictoryBell said:

Well, I prefer a traditional look, most definitely. Broad stripes always mean Wednesday to me but - I'm sure hundreds have pointed this out - we had the same shirt (near as damn it) in the early sixties. It didn't last long, though! Look at the "historical Wednesday kit" website to check the 62-63 kit. (We weren't wearing it by the time Easter came round. One little boy of that era, at his first glorious Hillsborough visit, could tell you that.)

I voted "unhappy but could stand it for a year".

How many friggin times,  this year's is nothing like the 62 kit. 

And IF ACCEPTED ISN'T for one year.  The chairman wants us to go permanently all blue. 

But its clear,  that this doesn't matter for many on here.  Many not bothered. 

The pigs peddle the notion,  that our fan base lack some grit & passion. 

Starting to think they may have a point.  Seeing our fans (Inc adults) happily walking round in this kit, has me scratching my head & questioning,  what it means to be Wednesday. 

Thought there was broad agreement on what defines our club,  clearly I was wrong.