Home shirt poll

2 hours ago, zzmdu said:

How many friggin times,  this year's is nothing like the 62 kit.

It was the inspiration for the new kit though, as stated by Mr, Chansiri, so it must have similarities i.e. thin stripes. Your 'nothing like' comment sounds a bit daft no matter how many friggin times you say it.

The shirt however has a different pattern, different colar and doesnt look much like it and the shorts are a different colour.

But it does have the same socks.

Maybe he was inspired by the socks?

Which are the only part of it I like.

The shirt from Sondico's 1st effort  (blue central stripe), the shorts from their 2nd (black) and the socks from the current and we've got almost the perfect kit. lol

5 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

It was the inspiration for the new kit though, as stated by Mr, Chansiri, so it must have similarities i.e. thin stripes. Your 'nothing like' comment sounds a bit daft no matter how many friggin times you say it.

Didn't one account say he wanted blue and the pinstripes was a concession? Seems to me the "similaritiy" to the old kit then becomes a bit of spin to justify it to potential dissenters. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Didn't one account say he wanted blue and the pinstripes was a concession? Seems to me the "similaritiy" to the old kit then becomes a bit of spin to justify it to potential dissenters. 

I hadn't heard the first part but the second part is quite possible.

38 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

I'm sure you can think for yourself, so can you explain the similarities. 

4 hours ago, zzmdu said:

But its clear,  that this doesn't matter for many on here.  Many not bothered. 

Absolute cobblers, i am willing to bet there isn't a single person on here that didn't want blue and white stripes.

The new shirt is just another part of the price you pay for having a filthy rich owner who can do what he wants with his club. It is becoming clear Mr C has a direction he wants the club to go in and we're going to have to either enjoy the ride with him of leave quietly via the back door.

Just now, UTO1867 said:

Absolute cobblers, i am willing to bet there isn't a single person on here that didn't want blue and white stripes.

The new shirt is just another part of the price you pay for having a filthy rich owner who can do what he wants with his club. It is becoming clear Mr C has a direction he wants the club to go in and we're going to have to either enjoy the ride with him of leave quietly via the back door.

Plenty have stated that they're not bothered. And that's their prerogative. 

I'm just surprised the all blue kit has been accepted so readily.  

Just now, zzmdu said:

Plenty have stated that they're not bothered. And that's their prerogative. 

I'm just surprised the all blue kit has been accepted so readily.  

I hated it until i saw it in the flesh, my wife hated it until she saw it in the flesh, embrace it just for one season as part of the club moving forward and just pray to the god of your choice stripes are back for 17/18.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

One account... if you're going to make things up at least make them plausible  lol

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

One account... if you're going to make things up at least make them plausible  lol

It's not made up. Comes from the Steering Group meeting. Groundhopping Owl asked the question, reported back the answer and now people don't believe him because someone on Owlsonline reported it differently.

I asked before, whose account of the answer is the right one?

7 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

It's not made up. Comes from the Steering Group meeting. Groundhopping Owl asked the question, reported back the answer and now people don't believe him because someone on Owlsonline reported it differently.

I asked before, whose account of the answer is the right one?

lol

its a fair poll and confirms what i thought that the majority didnt want to lose our traditional kit ......that the majority dont want it will cut no ice with chansiri as its now his club to do whatever he pleases....... 

1 hour ago, UTO1867 said:

I hated it until i saw it in the flesh, my wife hated it until she saw it in the flesh, embrace it just for one season as part of the club moving forward and just pray to the god of your choice stripes are back for 17/18.

What does it have to do with moving forward? 

3 hours ago, UTO1867 said:

I disliked it until i saw it in the flesh 

Now i hate it 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

What does it have to do with moving forward? 

absolutely nothing

some of our fans would blindly go along with anything just like sheep

we'll all reach a level of what we think is acceptable regarding the culture of our club being thrown in the bin

and as a result there'll be more bickering and falling out in the future

the line for me has already been crossed so I'm staying away and saving my money in the process

i can't control the tickets being too expensive or our Millwall strip

so I'll stay away until I feel 'our Wednesday' are back.

I half get the theory/ plan of alienating a portion of our fanbase if its a long-term ticketing plan. Maybe rip us off in the short term for more season ticket holders in the future.

I sort of get ripping kids off and charging them silly money for a home shirt. After all, if they are daft enough to queue for it, then rob them blind.

What I don't get, is putting us in a poo Ipswich/ Leicester kit. Wtf. Seriously ? We are Wednesday. We play in blue and white stripes. Why would you even fiddle with that ?