Home shirt poll

On 22/07/2016 at 12:20, sjaowl said:

I am not buying my nephew one this year. It's crap. He supports The Wednesday not Ipswich. He'll get a beach towel if they ever get in the shop. Then he can still be a proud Owl. 

Yes the same Ipswich that has been pinstrips throughout it's whole history and never had Blue and white stripes... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Ipswich_Town/Ipswich_Town.htm

12 hours ago, zzmdu said:

How many friggin times,  this year's is nothing like the 62 kit. 

And IF ACCEPTED ISN'T for one year.  The chairman wants us to go permanently all blue. 

But its clear,  that this doesn't matter for many on here.  Many not bothered. 

The pigs peddle the notion,  that our fan base lack some grit & passion. 

Starting to think they may have a point.  Seeing our fans (Inc adults) happily walking round in this kit, has me scratching my head & questioning,  what it means to be Wednesday. 

Thought there was broad agreement on what defines our club,  clearly I was wrong. 

You're being a bit silly, today. I hope you feel a bit better soon but, in the meantime, do try not to chew the carpet too much because it's full of germs and they might make you poorly.

4 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

I half get the theory/ plan of alienating a portion of our fanbase if its a long-term ticketing plan. Maybe rip us off in the short term for more season ticket holders in the future.

I sort of get ripping kids off and charging them silly money for a home shirt. After all, if they are daft enough to queue for it, then rob them blind.

What I don't get, is putting us in a poo Ipswich/ Leicester kit. Wtf. Seriously ? We are Wednesday. We play in blue and white stripes. Why would you even fiddle with that ?

coz he can mate .....he can do what he wants and feck what the fans think , ......he's got a  percentage hanging on to everything he does coz we have a decent team and he knows that the rest of us will tag along due to blindly following the club .....he's a clever bloke

5 hours ago, ThomasSWFC said:

Yes the same Ipswich that has been pinstrips throughout it's whole history and never had Blue and white stripes... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Ipswich_Town/Ipswich_Town.htm

I find it rather startling that, according to your link, they wore transparent shorts from 1989 - 1992.

Running about in front of thousands of people with their big, hairy knackers and willies on display. And their spotty bums.

Rude!

Edited by pauli

33 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Yes. Do I have to spell it out for you? You asked for the similarities. I`d already given you some.

You don't need to read you just need to use your eyes. It's a totally different shirt - regardless of what Chansiri says. 

Quite liked the shirt when i saw it up close, no doubt it is one of the better kits that have been available in recent times. But after seeing our players play in it against benfica, it just didnt seem quite right. Lets hope next season we can produce a home shirt that will do us proud for our 150th aniversary year

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

You don't need to read you just need to use your eyes. It's a totally different shirt - regardless of what Chansiri says. 

There's none so blind as those that don't want to see. He was inspired by the thin white stripes of the 60's shirt and incorporated it into the new design. He didn't copy the shirt, he didn't want it to be the same shirt. It isn't the same shirt - nobody is saying that it is. It's not that difficult a concept - regardless of what you, or anybody else, says.

5 hours ago, roaminowl said:

There's none so blind as those that don't want to see. He was inspired by the thin white stripes of the 60's shirt and incorporated it into the new design. He didn't copy the shirt, he didn't want it to be the same shirt. It isn't the same shirt - nobody is saying that it is. It's not that difficult a concept - regardless of what you, or anybody else, says.

A very apt opening line

lol

5 hours ago, roaminowl said:

how could he be inspired by the stripes of the 60s shirt when he's admitted he doesnt like stripes its just spin on the clubs part to say such a thing ......do you honestly see anything the two shirts have in common .

Pretty sure that our new shirt design was researched for months in advance, inspired by our classic secret kits of the 50's.

Rather than discard our tradition and heritage, the club are celebrating our little known undercover pin stripe kit of 1958. Although we never actually wore the strip, kit man Albert Rimmer imagined an Ipswich inspired pin stripe shirt one day whilst washing our traditional kit. It's this strip the club are now quite rightly paying homage to. 

Brilliant stuff and the non Truefans need to stop moaning.

9 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Yes. Do I have to spell it out for you? You asked for the similarities. I`d already given you some.

The 62 kit (ditched mid season) had  black shorts, was striped front and back with the thinner white stripes c30mm width.

This kit has blue shorts, an all blue top with c2mm whites lines down the front.

There, I've spelled it out for you.

1 hour ago, roaminowl said:

Dry your eyes and stop stomping your feet lads. It's a thin white stripe (similar to the other kit - wow). Does it really bother you that much? lol

Some people are so thick it's unreal. FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME it's nothing like the 60s kit

image.jpegimage.jpeg

... People who don't like shirt ask for poll to convince everyone that their opinion is the majority position re. new shirt

... Poll is undertaken. Results show;

A). On first viewing, slightly more people hated it than loved it

B). However, more people now actually love it than hate it; and significantly more people are happy to have it for a year than unhappy.

...people who don't like it then dismiss results of the poll/deliberately mis-interpret them to continue to advance their own agenda. 

*sigh*

PLEASE LET THE ACTUAL FOOTBALL COMMENCE