Crowd Praise

Not really. Wouldn't trade places with a Hull fan for a million years.

In fairness Chardy all our fans enjoyed your company but not met one who wants to trade places.

It will be incredible to see your ground full for every match next season though(and the away end at Burton0

In fairness Chardy all our fans enjoyed your company but not met one who wants to trade places.

It will be incredible to see your ground full for every match next season though(and the away end at Burton0

It will be incredible to see you going back down next season (with your sh☆t support in tow) 😘

Been in a plant hire place in Hull yesterday whilst at work. All the blokes in there are season ticket holders and were so full of praise for us and the noise we made.

Is there much call for hiring plants? Why not just buy them at a Garden Centre?

On the way out of Wembley and back to the tube station there were a lot of Hull "supporters". Nowhere did I hear any chant of "we are premier league" or anything else. Perhaps they were embarrassed by their poor support .

There were plenty of Wednesdayites chanting all the way to the tube. Imagine what it would have been like if we had won.

Probably too busy failing to troll other clubs message boards in their KC iPhones.

I will say now what I said to a couple of Hull fans in the tube afterwards who were praising our fans: I would rather have sat in silence with about 12 fans and we had won.

The praise now is getting a bit like how lower league fans are patronised when they have their big day out in the FA Cup.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

Sheowl7 ..... you are completely right about next season

and show the pragmatism of a woman and this to be applauded.

But please do not poo poo reflections of us all being part of something very very special.

I truly have never experienced being part of a support like that last Saturday 

and I believe I have looked objectively at support when I have visited places such as Anfield, Elland Road, Sports Direct Stadium,

Bernabau, Nou Camp and Rhyl.

I wish last Saturday had been played behind closed doors with no TV cameras if I the result could be reversed

Screw the lording off our support, not interested one single bit.

Rubbish.

That's not what this club has ever been about.

In my experience and anyone who followed us in the 70's will understand, the tougher the odds, the bigger the support...

The game itself is almost incidental to the Sheffield Wednesday day out, where the support is bolstered by folk who know that these occasions are an experience that is always unforgettable and make an effort to be part of it. We make it an occasion to remember.

It can't be sustained week in week out, but when it happens we are very good at raising the bar, every single time.

I suspect there are a few folks who would put quality over quantity, despite the financial rewards....

Yep. The Wednesdayites that did stay put set the bar at a new level and set a new standard for support.

The ones who shot off (and ok maybe SOME had no choice), missed an iconic moment that they can never recover.

In 1966 we were the the first losing team to do a lap of honour and in 2016 we were the first losing fans to stay behind and out sing the winning side after game, whatever you say we're good losers. Edited by 1867Heaven

Last Saturday was not some day out for me it was about getting down there, winning and building a brighter future.

The only thing I will remember about last Saturday is the pain I felt at full time and I still feel now.

Horrible day I'm glad to forget

We lost but it was another part of the juggernaut in place.

I didn't feel any long lasting pain...you could tell from the last 20 minutes of the first half, we weren't on our game. If we didn't score during that sustained period of world class backing up to the 65th minute then it was always going to slip away. We never picked up a second ball all afternoon.

We are far far away from being done for yet and in fact I would go as far to say, we are miles better for the experience.