Crowd Praise

Has anyone seen any other players/broadcasters/journalists praising our support on Saturday

I've seen

Henry Winter

Adrian Durham

Oliver Holt

Dan Walker

Jamie Patterson

Sam Matterface

"The moose"

Nice to see the general awe we were held in

I'd be interested if anybody, TV or otherwise, made a comment about our fans staying behind at the end and even singing while they were lifting the trophy. I can't recall ever seeing/hearing that happen before.

Bruce had a proper dig at his own fans, I've got it recorded on Ch.5 highlights from Saturday night - he talks about the "roar" from our fans every time we went forward and something along the lines of "that's where we need to be".   He went up in my books with that remark.

I'd be interested if anybody, TV or otherwise, made a comment about our fans staying behind at the end and even singing while they were lifting the trophy. I can't recall ever seeing/hearing that happen before.

Yep. The Wednesdayites that did stay put set the bar at a new level and set a new standard for support.

The ones who shot off (and ok maybe SOME had no choice), missed an iconic moment that they can never recover.

Yep. The Wednesdayites that did stay put set the bar at a new level and set a new standard for support.

The ones who shot off (and ok maybe SOME had no choice), missed an iconic moment that they can never recover.

I don't think anybody around me even thought about leaving. The only thing that bothered me was seeing players slumped on the pitch. I know it hurt, we felt it too, but stand up straight and be proud of what you've achieved.

I shouted at 'em to get up but I don't think they heard me.  :biggrin:

Saw a comment earlier along the lines of 'ok, we lost the war, but look how many people turned up to the rallies in nuremburg.'

Now obviously that's a joke comment but I can see its point. It didn't earn us owt other than respect. But I'll take that. We did ourselves and our team and club proud.

I know it means nothing in terns of the result but I think our backing during and after the game made a lot of people stand up and remember how big we could be.

Hull might be up but probably only for a year, I'm certain the memory of our support will last a lot longer and possibly be more beneficial in the long term

think we all know how great SW support is ....we should stop wallowing in self praise and get on with thinking about next season

which is gonna be another slog. all the support didnt win us anything . unless you want to win praise for supporting . surely  its better to get praise for promotion

think we all know how great SW support is ....we should stop wallowing in self praise and get on with thinking about next season

which is gonna be another slog. all the support didnt win us anything . unless you want to win praise for supporting . surely its better to get praise for promotion

Not really. Wouldn't trade places with a Hull fan for a million years.

Wednesday fans have always been the same, this is nothing new. We are an entirely different breed, unique and will never be matched.

When we lost the FA Cup final in '66 our players were the first to do a lap of honour. The commentators mentioned it and the Wednesday fans stayed back then to show their support for the team.

The FA Cup final replay.... Wednesday supporters stayed to the end. When Arsenal went up for the trophy the boos from the Wednesday fans drowned out the celebrations. I seem to remember hearing that they had to switch to a different camera because the booing was embarrassing the Arsenal.

No other set of supporters would have shown the appreciation to the players like we did. (There may be one or two who copy us now, and you just know that Man U will be recognised as the first).

Guest everydays_wednesday

Was in contact today with a colleague who works in Portsmouth and is a lifelong season ticket holder with Pompey.

Said we would both be misrable from play off results and he said we deserved to go up just on support alone.

I would say from a club like Portsmouth who have a great fan base through thin and thinner it is great recognition for all you guys.

In fairness though, it'll mean nowt if 23k turn up to the first home game and act like they are in a library.

We have to turn up in bigger numbers, every week, and if we generate half the atmosphere we did at wembley, and Brighton before that, we've done our job.

Brighton at home should be the new bench mark we aim for.

heard Winter on 5-live this morning talking of the Euros and fans expectations. Out of the blue he singled out Wednesday fans as an example of getting behind your team - made me proud to be an owl.