Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

35 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

If you look at our recent history of transfers (non Portuguese) they we seem to go for players that have fallen out of favour at their respective clubs i.e. Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Pudil, Hunt, Turner and McGeady. Will we continue to keep doing this or do we think that DC will start to throw more at the situation? Until the first couple of moves are made in the transfer market it's hard to say either way. 

Getting out of favour players is the only way of getting players where you would say we have either got them on the cheap or that it's a bit of a steal. Who are the players out there currently in England which we think fall into this category? Apart from that avenue it looks like serious money will have to be thrown at recruitment, just think DC likes his value for money options.

I think what also works well about this approach is that the players feel more greatful to the club for accepting them and giving them a chance, which has led to some fantastic performances this season from a few of the players you mentioned... Obviously McGeady being an exception

1 hour ago, Babushka1867 said:

If you look at our recent history of transfers (non Portuguese) they we seem to go for players that have fallen out of favour at their respective clubs i.e. Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Pudil, Hunt, Turner and McGeady. Will we continue to keep doing this or do we think that DC will start to throw more at the situation? Until the first couple of moves are made in the transfer market it's hard to say either way. 

Maybe I'm being pedantic here but IMO Forestieri, Bannan, Pudil and maybe to a degree Hooper hadn't really fallen out of favour per se, their club/manager had more decided they weren't up to EPL standard, for example with Bannan didn't Pardew say that he rated him and would like to keep him around but couldn't guarantee how many starts he'd get so understood he'd want first team football?

McGeady was/is garbage and had completely through his own fault fallen out with his club, his manager and his fans!

2 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

If he goes to the PL I can see someone paying that but if transfers into the Championship I reckon it will be a little less.

Bristol arent desperate for cash though and dont need to sell. Maybe the player could force a move through but doubt it would be cheap. I mean how would you feel if we sold lees for 5mil ? A couple of years ago we would have snapped anyones hands off who offered that for any of our players, now we probably have 4 or 5 players who we wouldnt want to sell for that kind of money

1 hour ago, pickledegghiderman said:

Always thought he was a defender for some reason. Maybe i was getting him confused with ledley king 

When Joe Ledley shaves you will see he is actually a 6'4 black guy.

Belgium Pro League Left Backs.

Alexander Buttner

Frank Acheampong

Corentin Fiore

Laurens De Bock

Boli Bolingoli

Jordan Lukaku

Antonio Milic

Belgium Pro League Centre Back's 

Kara Mbodji

Stefan Mitrovic

Dino Arslanagic

Alexander Scholz

Stefano Denswil

Brandon Mechele

Sebastien Dewaest

Jere Uronen

Sandy Walsh

Abdou Diallo

Karim Essikal

Sverrir Ingi Ingason

Best centre half we signed in my life time was Nigel Pearson. 250k from Shrewsbury. Not always about big fees it's about having a scouting policy that identifies good players who will be a fit in the style of play. We now have that so I am confident CC and the club will have identified the players they want around six months ago. We can guess all we want (as we did last summer). But my bet is when the signings come we will be on wiki pretending we knew them all along.