Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Out of all the players we've been linked with, the one that appeals most to me is Hanley. Think he could be a colossus for us, and could quite easily step up to the next level. He reminds me a bit of the old Man U, Villa and "Wednesday" legend, big Jim Holton.

when you see some of the prices quoted for similar centre backs, Keane and Lees for example, 5m for him seems good value

Out of all the players we've been linked with, the one that appeals most to me is Hanley. Think he could be a colossus for us, and could quite easily step up to the next level. He reminds me a bit of the old Man U, Villa and "Wednesday" legend, big Jim Holton.

when you see some of the prices quoted for similar centre backs, Keane and Lees for example, 5m for him seems good value

This Page is currently not active

Something went wrong with the site caching!

Please try refreshing this page, that should fix the issue.

If you're the website owner, please contact the SiteGround Support Team for further assistance.

I'm back now, thanks Neil lolI only pushed the submit button once!

Edited by The Dukeries Owl
duplicated post

50 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

Totally agree. Would be my number 1 target this summer as he'd bring something completely different to the team. The article below does suggest he's available for around £3m, which considering his age (25) and experience, looks great value. Downside is, as already been said, Derby are quoted as being interested :

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-rumour-derby-retain-11524280

Thing is as proved with Fletcher, if we match the likes of Derby or slightly better the offer, then we have a chance of pinching the player from under their noses. We have the beaten play off finalist tag this year, which has made a few sit up and realise that we should/will be there or there abouts at the end of the season. 

43 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

This site is fast going down the shoot. Slow, reading the same post 16 times, site caching

Must do better

You sure it wasn't 16 of my slightly different version posts about playing Forestieri on the left?

IRVINE JOINS NORWICH STAFF

Alan Irvine has been named as new first-team coach at Norwich.

The former West Brom manager left Blackburn Rovers at the end of last season after a spell as assistant coach to Paul Lambert.

"The most important thing is that I come in and make a contribution, and that's what I'm looking to do," Irvine told the club website. 

Anti-Carlesberg

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Ivan Cavaleiro has been mentioned on twitter by a couple of french people 22 year old portuguese international that plays for monaco

Hope so!

Valued at around £8m so would probably be a loan but would be an amazing signing

1 minute ago, since59owe said:

IRVINE JOINS NORWICH STAFF

Alan Irvine has been named as new first-team coach at Norwich.

The former West Brom manager left Blackburn Rovers at the end of last season after a spell as assistant coach to Paul Lambert.

"The most important thing is that I come in and make a contribution, and that's what I'm looking to do," Irvine told the club website. 

Anti-Carlesberg

Probably a nice bloke, but I've always viewed him as a negative energy, last thing you want around a football team of millionaires.

8 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Ivan Cavaleiro has been mentioned on twitter by a couple of french people 22 year old portuguese international that plays for monaco

Badly translated from French, they reckon his girlfriend has mentioned it. I'm doubtful, he cost Monaco €15m