Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

54 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

Thing is as proved with Fletcher, if we match the likes of Derby or slightly better the offer, then we have a chance of pinching the player from under their noses. We have the beaten play off finalist tag this year, which has made a few sit up and realise that we should/will be there or there abouts at the end of the season. 

In terms of spending power we are probably on terms with Derby, they have spent big in the past and FFP must be catching up with them.

No problem snatching from under their nose as they did that to us with Blackman when their promotion prospects were much better than ours. Actually they might have done us a big favour there, serves then right! 

Cavaleiro played at Benfica, on loan at Deportivo and played 8 leagues games and 6 European games for Monaco last season. Wouldn't have presumed as a 23 year old that has 2 caps for Portugal, a move to progress his career would be the Championship but who knows these days!  Looks a good player.

Thibault ‏@Monaco_Allez  3h3 hours agoView translation

La copine d'Ivan Cavaleiro aurait dévoilée sur snap le futur club d'Ivan Sheffield Wednesday

That translates as 'Ivan Cavaleiro's girlfriend has unveiled on snapchat the future club of Ivan is Sheffield Wednesday'

Anyone have snapchat that can check?

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

La copine d'Ivan Cavaleiro aurait dévoilée sur snap le futur club d'Ivan Sheffield Wednesday

That translates as 'Ivan Cavaleiro's girlfriend has unveiled on snapchat the future club of Ivan is Sheffield Wednesday'

Maybe check the follower count of that account?

170 followers? You reckon that's a good source? lol

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Maybe check the follower count of that account?

170 followers? You reckon that's a good source? lol

It's a bit odd. The account is saying that they don't know whether the girlfriend is a good source and says that us and Wolves don't want to spend EUR 15 million on him. 

Really weird thing to make up but I'm sure they did.

51 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Ivan?!  FFS, he better not be terrible.  :ph34r:

Guest Arnold
54 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Yeah if you find out her name. 

1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

This website is actually appalling. I've refreshed the page, opened a new tab... but it appears the only way I can actually reply to this topic is by quoting Joelswfc and typing in his quote box. I didn't even press the button to quote him! I just clicked the reply box at the bottom of the page and this happened. No way to get rid of it. Neil, sort it out ffs.

Ooooh, I'm now out of the box, YAAY!

Anyway: I've just learnt Cavaleiro is 'Knight' in Portuguese. Ivan Knight. 

That's literally all I wanted to say, but I had to go through all the above faff ffs :ghoulguy:

I think what we saw last season is that Hooper's only position is second striker. To be fair he is very good at this however it means he can only really play in a 442. Sure he can be pushed elsewhere if chasing something late on but to start a game he needs to have a partner playing ahead of him

Fletcher Hooper with FF wide seems obvious but i still think it is hard to start with FF wide against the top sides.

12 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Really? Do you see Hooper and Fletcher been in a 4-3-3. I dont 

You're assuming both will start. Of course they might and FF might get shoved back into midfield, but we've just signed a player who's played primarily as a lone central striker. Plus we know Carlos is a big fan of 433.

I'm not even entirely sure Hooper/Fletcher would work. Against teams who will sit in and surrender possession yes. Neither are exactly known for their workrate though, and a big part of CC's philosophy is pressing to quickly retrieve the ball up the pitch when we lose it. Something that FF gives us. 

40 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Ooooh, I'm now out of the box, YAAY!

Anyway: I've just learnt Cavaleiro is 'Knight' in Portuguese. Ivan Knight. 

That's literally all I wanted to say, but I had to go through all the above faff ffs :ghoulguy:

Let's hope he's better than their Leon.

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

His entire football philosophy was based on it. He wrote a bloody book on it. We started last season with it but didn't have the players to pull it off.

I'm not sure s_w_f_c is much of a reader to be honest